Insurance required to fly Dronebase?

Reaction score
Hey all!

I noticed when signing up for Dronebase there is a place in the profile setup asking for insurance documentation. Nothing about it being optional. I already planned on purchasing insurance however haven’t pulled the trigger yet as I’m still researching. Can anyone confirm if DB requires insurance?

Thanks!

Hey all!

I noticed when signing up for Dronebase there is a place in the profile setup asking for insurance documentation. Nothing about it being optional. I already planned on purchasing insurance however haven’t pulled the trigger yet as I’m still researching. Can anyone confirm if DB requires insurance?

Thanks!
They will not offer you up for hire to any of their clients without proof of valid insurance. I have heard mixed reviews on Dronebase. Wouldn't hurt to do some due diligence prior to securing a policy. They may require more or less than what you're looking for.

They will not offer you up for hire to any of their clients without proof of valid insurance. I have heard mixed reviews on Dronebase. Wouldn't hurt to do some due diligence prior to securing a policy. They may require more or less than what you're looking for.
Would the liability insurance coverage offered by being an AMA member count/suffice?

Reactions: Immanuel Graham
Would the liability insurance coverage offered by being an AMA member count/suffice?
Probably not. The AMA insurance provided with your membership is "secondary" or “excess” insurance meaning it's intended to cover excess claims not covered by your primary insurance such as home owners, medical, life. AMA is primarily for hobby flyers.

Hey all!

Thanks!
Dronebase...... The Uber in the Air.
Typical new corporate type startup. An idea , little investment, where your members absorb all the costs , liability , while taking a nice cut of the profits. I dont know anything about how they operate, but logical thinking would assume that a general liability policy is standard practice. A commerical general liability policy with 1 Million to 5 Million was under $200 a year, or that's what it was about 5 years ago. You do need to shop around for rates , most were underwritten from The Hartford Insurance

Hey all!

Thanks!
Depends upon local rules and the country's rule. If I am talking about my country then It is not mandatory. But having insurance is always a good thing.

Hey all!

Thanks!
Here it's not mandatory in our country but it's recommended to have DB insurance to be on the safe side, it will eventually help you to save money in the long run and help also help you to avoid future hassle

Last edited:
Probably not. The AMA insurance provided with your membership is "secondary" or “excess” insurance meaning it's intended to cover excess claims not covered by your primary insurance such as home owners, medical, life. AMA is primarily for hobby flyers.
What about hourly insurance through a phone app on a per job basis?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik