Installed H3-3D on Original Phantom 2

adanac said:
There appears to be much missing from the OP's post...that some sentences aren't complete make it harder. To clarify, DJI have released a gimbal that requires me to cut holes in my Phantom 2?

the H3-3D with P2 first version yes you need to cut…no choice i did yesterday crazy how they manage product….
with the "new P2" which is send now with 3D they change the hole below the quad to adapt on this new gimbal.

Thank you. How does one know which version of P2 one has?

Erwan said:
adanac said:
There appears to be much missing from the OP's post...that some sentences aren't complete make it harder. To clarify, DJI have released a gimbal that requires me to cut holes in my Phantom 2?

the H3-3D with P2 first version yes you need to cut…no choice i did yesterday crazy how they manage product….
with the "new P2" which is send now with 3D they change the hole below the quad to adapt on this new gimbal.

Both have holes!

The bottom image is the latest version

t6621789-58-thumb-NEWPHANTOM2.png

I know that the gimbals are now shipping with the anti-interference board. And I read somewhere that there is a version 2 of the h3-3d gimbal that won't require the board.

How do you know if your box has the anti interference board, or if you have the version 2 (if it is even being made yet)? Is there a serial number range that assures you of having the board bundled?

Thanks to everyone on this forum who has helped me a lot. This is my first post, but I've been reading for a long time. I recently installed the H3-3D on my original Phantom 2 (I cut a bigger hole, and also used longer screws and 1/4" plastic washers). I didn't use the plastic pins/washers they provided but instead used 2 zip ties on 2 of the white balls opposite each other (like DJI tells you to do with the clear plastic pins). The zip ties are a bit tight - compressing the white balls a little. I think have v1 of the H3-3D (one of the first standalone to ship out from HobbyWOW I think). It did include the anti-interference board which I installed inside.

Here's a short video I shot over the weekend which doesn't seem to have jello that I can see. I'm really impressed with the H3-3D despite the issues some have experienced:

Falling in love with San Diego
https://vimeo.com/95005617

Any feedback is welcome. I'm particularly interested to find out if anyone is seeing jello in this, since I don't seem to see any.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers