Inside Alfa 2.4ghz 7dbi directional.How does this metal plate work?

Well test proved otherwise for me so far.. All labels facing bird still works best. So maybe these antennas work best in this build The way we were already using them.

I just did this last night...
Alfa M04 WiFi Direction CONFIRMED that "Alfa is supposed to face TOWARDS THE AC"!!!
I did this at close range so Signal only drops 1-bar when I rotated Alfa TOWARDS ME but this should end any debates about which way Alfa Logo is supposed to face
1f609.png

I did it TWICE (look at WiFi Signal just before 1-minute into video to see Sig. drop 1-bar) then I say I turned it...
Second time is at the end of video and I say I'm going to turn them before I turn them...

Last edited:
Reactions: G Tek Fab
Well after doing some research of my own and tearing apart some other antennas because i could not find the answer i was looking for. I do believe these Alfas are backwards. The plate is the Ground Plane and is not active as N017rw and Kristian.Perkins pointed out and is to be facing the back not the bird. Which would mean on these particular antennas the word Alfa would face the user not the bird. (other pics for reference) So K9Time it seems i was Wrong .

I wonder if things could be better if that metal plate was made larger... like the size of the whole square? A piece of aluminum foil would probably work.

Reactions: G Tek Fab
I wonder if things could be better if that metal plate was made larger... like the size of the whole square? A piece of aluminum foil would probably work.
Seeing as these are a variation of a 'patch' antenna, I would say no as the dimensions for the elements of a patch antenna are calculated based on the target frequency.

Since it still put out a signal when turned around, I'm tempted to try a home made parabolic behind them :)

Reactions: Y2KGTA
Thanks for posting that Kmb...
I didn't realize the M25 has that wide of a Signal (66*) considering it's a Directional Ant.View attachment 77639
I wonder what directional specs are for Argtek and Itelite DBS? I have them both. Ordered the Alfa's from Amazon yesterday. So far I got 5800 feet with Argtek 3 10db ommi's and 5200 feet with DBS. 3500 feet stock. Need to test a lot more.

All depends on the atmospheric conditions. I've gone a mile with the ARGtek 10db omni and amazon 10db omnis. I've done 1.3 miles with the alfas and yesterday I went 5000+ feet in an area that I normally see only 3000ft with the DBS Mod in a crowded neighborhood with lots of trees. I haven't been out to my long range spot yet with the DBS. However, I've also done a mile with the stock P3S controller and a parabolic. With the exception of the DBS, I've had days where I could not exceed 2500ft. no matter which antenna combo that I try. The ARGtek (clone) 2.4 flat panels that I have are pretty much junk unless I'm doing around the house flying. The DBS is looking very promising. It will probably be next weekend before I fly for distance. I think I am fixing to hit ebay and order a tripod mount to go on the bottom of the RC to make it easier to maintain steady aim on the AC. I find that if I spend enough time focusing the antenna on the ac I can get progressively longer distances. I kill a battery pretty quick though cancelling the rth and finding good signal again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga