Initial Review

Reaction score
Have a P4 and that is my first drone. I am into photography and video so the P4P's camera was something that interested me right away.

I got it last night and did all the updates. Worked flawlessly doing the process with the iPhone7 plus. It flies rock solid and has no wandering or circling issues. It is steady. I did notice that it sounds slightly more aggressive. It seems a bit more nimble and precise. I filmed a quick 4k video in very low light and love the results. The tap to focus is fairly intuitive and the button does have a half click and a full click. The adjustable aperture is awesomeee and the range of this camera is impressive.

In regard to image transmission and signal quality, ZERO issues for me. The video feed seemed to be the most stable I have ever used. Zero flickering, no lag, etc... I live in a area that is terrible for this type of stuff because of houses and apartment complexes near by. Very impressed.

Anyways, just wanted to give my review. I'll update more when I try out newer features and the 4k 60. I only flew it for about 20 mins. Here's a couple pics...

Reactions: Techcop50
ua5EdSS.jpg

qckp2Z9.jpg

iptLBGA.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks very good!

Any notes as to your shutter speed, ISO, and if you needed to address any black area pixelations or noise in post?

I may replace my P4 soon as the noise is just awful in low light without a lot of processing which sometimes fails. I think I got about 7 stops on the Sekonic measurement test for its dynamic range (and the whites blow out too soon on the curve), but the P4P shows a huge improvement of maybe 11 stops. Inspire 2 with the unlocked X5S might be 12 or so, but that would be around $6-7K too. Dunno.

These were shot in RAW edited in light room. I can post the ones straight off the cam if you guys would like. I really didnt do much editing. F stop was 2.8, iso was never higher than 400, .8-1 second exposure.

After not getting satisfied with Mavic Pro's mediocre still image quality, I've been seriously thinking about getting the P4P. This is a very encouraging review. Thanks.

Let's see some video in low light!

I have a video of 4k footage output to 1080p using imovie. it has a great song but youtube kicked it. Ill upload it again without sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great....I would love to get a look at the original RAW files....I'm very close to pushing the "Order" button and the images I'm seeing look great!

Great review! I concur! This thing is a great upgrade from the P4. Just flew my first flights today and I'm freaking so stoked on it man! It is so rock solid it's not funny. Love the fact transmission signal is now in 1080 and plays back in the editor at full screen and is a higher res file than with the P4. So basically watching a full screen 9.7in screen after your flights. I had no issues at all setting up and doing all firmware updates either. Really crappy weather here so I'll be chomping at the bit to get some good sample video and stills.

Reactions: maseman88

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna