in the water crash,bird and controler, p3s

Reaction score
flying from boat launching off bow,tied ti bigger boat ,taller,auto take off it goes up adjusts into railing of taller boat,i couldn't correct ,im guessing wind pushed it,no control it was in auto take off,it was seconds after it launched, I was standing in cockpit this is happening 5 feet away, it flips and crashes inbetween boats I try and catch but its sinking I dive across seats superman dive and grab drone going into water I have dronr in hand, remote attached to lanyard with billit alum phone mount , around my neck , broke off going into lake a cord and a lipstick charger I had attached to phone on bottom of lake Minnetonka, purified(prince refrence) remote and drone in hand but soaked , immediately pulled battery towel dryed shook batt,drone and remote, live on lake,45 minutes im in garage opened remote compresser on , blowing compressed air amd setting in front of fans on high speed ,air temp is 70 degrees, been blowing n drying n flipping and drying for couple hours, remote bumped on by accident, beeps correctly , turned off still drying in front of fans and still b;owing ,going to do the blowing for a bit more then leave in hot garage with fans blowing on everything. think I saved it???????????????????????

Good save,sounds like your fast reaction of drying it might have saved it,,myself not a fan of auto take off,especially if there's some wind,,good luck,wait for a yay it flys.:)

Reactions: mangycat
If the controller went into the water and unless someone objects, I'd be inclined to stand it on edge so that usb port points downwards so that any water trapped inside probably has an escape route around the USB socket. The controller is a closed enviroment and I think heat alone could take a long time to dry out a pool of water in there (if there was a pool at all).
Of course you could also open the controller, the following looks like a reasonable video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
but I only skimmed it

Last edited by a moderator:
Good catch. Luckily it was in freshwater so you have a chance. Opening the remote was a good idea, I think you have done everything you can. Hoping for a good outcome for you. Good luck keep us updated ?

A hair dryer, set to medium, will evaporate any remaining water. Removing water with a vacuum is better than blowing it with air that moves the water around. ?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your drone, but it does sound like you've done all the right things. It can take several days for all the water to dry and evaporate. Too bad you don't have a video of your superman dive. That was an heroic move and must have been impressive for those with you. Most saves from fresh water are successful. I do hope your quick actions gets your drone back into the air.

Another thing you can do is to take a big ziploc bag and put them in with uncooked rice which will absorb any moisture left, good to do overnight .

on bottom of lake Minnetonka, purified(prince refrence)
Bummer about the splash down, but I did appreciate the Prince reference. It was the first thing I thought of when I read Lake Minnetonka. ?

Reactions: JoBe and mangycat
Good catch. Luckily it was in freshwater so you have a chance. Opening the remote was a good idea, I think you have done everything you can. Hoping for a good outcome for you. Good luck keep us updated ?

A hair dryer, set to medium, will evaporate any remaining water. Removing water with a vacuum is better than blowing it with air that moves the water around. ?

Wow, quite a mission impossible. Congs!
It would be much easier to go and by another drone.

In my mind I see you jump in the purifying waters of lake Minnetonka but I see
Apollonia rising back up with her wetness holding your drone! Good luck..

remote attached to lanyard with billit alum phone mount , around my neck , broke off going into lake a cord and a lipstick charger I had attached to phone on bottom of lake Minnetonka,
What happened to the phone?

It has power up,needs compass calibration, djia go new phone won't let me sign in, password, then try to recover won't accept phone number.ill figure that out. Scared of battery think it's junk,I have two others so I will update if u get it to fly

"Not made of money " plus trying to fix it is interesting and, if successful, fixing it is satisfying

Another thing you can do is to take a big ziploc bag and put them in with uncooked rice which will absorb any moisture left, good to do overnight .
this is a myth i thought no?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers