in over my head....?

Reaction score
Hello from Alberta Canada. I was fortunate enough to have stopped at a garage sale yesterday, where I purchased a few items. A dozen phantom 2 was some of my lucky find. Ive flown a few small Walmart bought aircraft before but I think I may be out of my league with these. the company I purchased them from was a mapping company who recently upgraded equipment. A few questions for you all from a humble novice.....
1) the remotes and drones were all thrown in a box how do I sync remote to specific machine?
2)Can I fly without wifi?
3)They haven't flown in a year or better do I need a software upgrade?
4)if there's anything else I need to get them in the air please feel free
5)Best place for downloads?
6)what are used phantom 2's worth
Thank you, and if you can believe it I paid approximately 100$ for all of them

Hello from Alberta Canada. I was fortunate enough to have stopped at a garage sale yesterday, where I purchased a few items. A dozen phantom 2 was some of my lucky find. Ive flown a few small Walmart bought aircraft before but I think I may be out of my league with these. the company I purchased them from was a mapping company who recently upgraded equipment. A few questions for you all from a humble novice.....
1) the remotes and drones were all thrown in a box how do I sync remote to specific machine?
Awesome find! Hope you get the best out of them you can! I don't know much about the 2s so ill let someone else answer the technical questions. Good luck sorting it all out. If your in the usa and wanna sell one let me know! Enjoy and welcome to the life of a drone pilot..lol

It sounds like you might consider selling some of them. LMK what price once you have settled on one. I might consider taking one off your hands.

Reactions: PhoenixOne
You got a good deal,, though not sure you'll ever use all 12. Here are some answers:
1. I'm not sure there's a way to find which remote goes with which machine. You might just have to go through the remotes for each drone, until you find the one that works.
2. You can fly with just the controller, but you can't see through the camera. You need the app and wifi for that.
3. There haven't been a lot of upgrades to this model in the past year. I'd leave them as is unless you have a problem
4. Make sure all the batteries take a charge and hold it. There's the controller, the wifi extender, and the flight battery. Make sure on all three.
5. For all download except the app, I think you have to rely on DJI. For the app,, I think you can still get it from the Apple or Google app stores.
6. I have P2V2+ for sale on CL for $350, and it hasn't moved. so I'm guessing less than that.

Good luck

Price wise, I bought a P3Std for $250 with 1battery and a slightly modified RC controller (3 antennas) but that was a deal. Most P3Std I have seen on Kijiji were going for $350-$400 and more if they had extra batteries or cases.
I haven't looked at P2s seriously, but I almost bought a P1for $150 but by the time it was kitted out with a camera that I would be happy with it would have cost more than a P3.

well look at it this way, before you fly and potentially crash your Phantom 3 standard, you have 12 cheap drones to learn on! You could go and find some friends to fly with, tell them you're new at this, fly one of your Phantom 2's around, and if you crash it yell oh great, there goes $8!

You have one of the best setups for a beginner pilot. You can learn the ropes without losing any real money if you crash!

Are these the gopro version? if so I have one also.

The Good:
Not bound by software limits (geofencing, flight limits)
In a pinch the Gopro Hero 3+ takes good pictures (12mp)
Hero 3+ has the potential of taking good video 2.7 and 1080p (4k FPS is to low)
The Dji Assistant still works, and that is where you have to go to make adjustment and calibrations

The Bad:
FPV is weak (if you have the module with Antana)
Mine has an issue with shakey video (Changed out dampers twice and still have the shake)
really have to watch screen for battery info (no bells or whistles to let you know battery low)
Have to watch screen to make sure you don't violate height limits
Gimbal control is odd (located on backside, flush against the backside)

Overall it makes you a better operator and flight manager
20190704_085147.jpg

20190704_085219.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dronesky
Are these the gopro version? if so I have one also.

The Good:
Not bound by software limits (geofencing, flight limits)
In a pinch the Gopro Hero 3+ takes good pictures (12mp)
Hero 3+ has the potential of taking good video 2.7 and 1080p (4k FPS is to low)
The Dji Assistant still works, and that is where you have to go to make adjustment and calibrations

The Bad:
FPV is weak (if you have the module with Antana)
Mine has an issue with shakey video (Changed out dampers twice and still have the shake)
really have to watch screen for battery info (no bells or whistles to let you know battery low)
Have to watch screen to make sure you don't violate height limits
Gimbal control is odd (located on backside, flush against the backside)

Overall it makes you a better operator and flight manager
View attachment 114611

View attachment 114612
Are your props good i.e. no damage? Have you checked the props for balance? Is the gimbal two or three axis and is it steady whilst hovering? Basic stuff I know, but don't know how much knowledge you have on these.

I have had the jello affect no matter what I do on all of my drones before I got my Phantom 4. It seems like DJI with the Phantom 4 finally figured out the gimbal!
I have a new set of props on the way, I changed dampers and adjusted the motors. I only have a slight jello effect now

I have had the jello affect no matter what I do on all of my drones before I got my Phantom 4. It seems like DJI with the Phantom 4 finally figured out the gimbal!
I guess am lucky, my Spark, and Pro fly smooth as glass no issues with gimbal shake. My P3P has a little, but not consistence enough to notice unless you look for it. My P4 is smooth. I would like to tame this P2 just encase I need it again for a shoot where the LAANC systems clears me, but the DJI geofencing will not let my other birds fly.

I guess am lucky, my Spark, and Pro fly smooth as glass no issues with gimbal shake. My P3P has a little, but not consistence enough to notice unless you look for it. My P4 is smooth. I would like to tame this P2 just encase I need it again for a shoot where the LAANC systems clears me, but the DJI geofencing will not let my other birds fly.
Buy an autel evo lol i just got one! Used though. fly more combo and everything. Super cheap. Havent flown it yet but no restrictions. I feel your a dji guy all the way though lol

Reactions: Recoveryone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.