IMU error

Reaction score
I got a P3A from a friend bc he said it didn't work. I checked and the app says IMU error, so i tried to Calibrate it but it wouldn't start the calibration. The app also doesn't show, any numbers if i go to sensor state. Really strange! I opened the drone to give the IMU a couple of taps bc i watched a video that said it would resolve the problem.
The motors also don't start up!
Someone help please

I got a P3A from a friend bc he said it didn't work. I checked and the app says IMU error, so i tried to Calibrate it but it wouldn't start the calibration. The app also doesn't show, any numbers if i go to sensor state. Really strange! I opened the drone to give the IMU a couple of taps bc i watched a video that said it would resolve the problem.
The motors also don't start up!
Someone help please
Does the app show any other info? Battery level, signal strength etc? I did come across a situation once where the remote wasn't paired properly to the aircraft and the app had strange readings. Confirm the pairing between the two is properly done and see if that changes anything.

Everthing fine now. The app showed everthing as normal, but i fixed it by doing the firmware update (although the app said it was the latest version) and then i could do the IMU calibration.

Reactions: 3rdof5
I was able to calibrate the IMU, message said IMU calibrated. But on the summary screen the IMU continued to say error. I sourced a replacement IMU from a "spares" drone, fitted that and it resolved the problem.
I also had a Main Controller Data Error message. Underneath the IMU on the motherboard was a 4GB micro SD card in a holder. I removed the original and replaced it with the one from the "spares" drone. Problem solved. I checked the removed card and it would not open. The replacement card had a list of files which I removed by formatting the card. So the card was blank when I fitted it. It did not require any system files to be in place.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik