IMU Error/Calibration Before Every Flight

Reaction score
I'm not sure what has happened lately beside the new firmware update, but I'm getting the IMU error every time I turn on the Phantom 4 and have to calibrate it. I called DJI and they said to reload the firmware, which I did but still getting the error.

Anyone experience this or have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Doug

More guys have this problem, like me too...IMU seems to give this message while warming up.
Normally it disappears after a while and you get the green "ready to fly" message, at least this is what happens with my P4

That is good, just let the P4 take the time to get ready and warmed up and i am sure you will have a safe flight, like i had always so far.

Agree with everyone.. IMU always comes up, and I get worried.. Try and try calibrating again and nothing.. Then, POOF, the error message is gone..

Dunno....

When it goes away, apparently all is fine.. GPS is locked in and bird is level and steady for me....

Yes, I'm getting the same. I just did another calibration with the same results. Does anyone know how much green should be showing on the calibration sliders on the go app? Mine are hardly showing at all, is this normal?

Reactions: JohnnyD913
Yes, I'm getting the same. I just did another calibration with the same results. Does anyone know how much green should be showing on the calibration sliders on the go app? Mine are hardly showing at all, is this normal?
I do have the same question, only a few mm green showing..., but so far al safe flights

I am getting this error as well after the firmware update. Like others have indicated it goes away and you get "ready to fly" everytime. Just sort of annoying.

I think it’s an oversight on DJI part. Poor wording on the main screen but when you go to the screen where it checks everything and says OK on categories it’ll say that the IMU is just warming up

Another note too,.... If you want a faster “warm up”, store your drone in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes right before you calibrate the IMU. You’ll be amazed at how fast your ready to fly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj