Impressions after first flight

Reaction score
I had flow my friends P3P once before for about 10 minutes, so it wasn't exactly my first time flying a Phantom, but it was the first time I flew solo with my own P3S.

I was impressed. I wasn't sure what to expect with the P3S range compared to the P3P, but it did just fine with the distance I felt comfortable covering today with some high winds in the area. Granted I didn't fly it more than 6-700 ft out from me and 200 ft up, but the signal strength was strong the whole time. I was conservative with the distance due to the winds and the fact I had to fly out over water at my location. I didn't want my new bird to take a swim.

These Phantoms are so easy to fly (I'm sure that applies to most of the quad-copters out there today).

Only had two issues while I was out flying. First was that security at work came to shoo me away before they realized I worked there. I heard over the walkies for the overzealous guard to leave me alone. Second issue was I had to wait for a firmware upgrade when I changed batteries. I guess the spare I bought had back dated software.

Other than that, flying was great.

One last note, any one else have a finicky SD slot? My cards insert just fine, but don't eject well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers