I'm sorry to say, but,

My furthest flight so far navigating the mountain though

90a719676493c2c035388d3a252904ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

fatboypup.. you have been lighroomed.
Lightroomed_by_Osullivanstudios.jpg

If you bought a DVR that claimed it could record 30 hours of video but in reality it only recorded 20 hours would you be upset?

If you purchased a car that claimed 28 mpg but it really got only 14-18 would you feel mislead?

Just because you might not use a feature or venture out as far as others doesn't mean the P4 isn't providing disappointing & well below advertised performance to those of us who do.. While the P4 offers several novel new features, it is falling well short of its P3 predecessor for which it is supposed to be an upgrade. . Many people purchased the P4 based on listed specifications like range & battery stamina, myself included.

Good points DB. For my take, I'm happy as hell with my purchase. I guess that's okay. I ordered a DBS kit anyway for the added security when I do get to go out... The rain is never ending here.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Here's my longest (distance) flight so far. I'm pretty happy with the battery life, still don't understand why everyone's complaining.

9cd4e45ea6169ec01f34acc313e36498.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Here's one of my best flights with a P3P flying in the Arizona desert with no interference. The distance shown is where I turn around due to battery life. Made it home but with only 4% battery remaining. I'm keeping my P3P!

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 344
Yes, that's total flight distance, I was displaying this for battery purposes. Range is not applicable on this flight because I was inside a moving vehicle during the flight.
If you're flying a P4, can you please fly for distance and post your results. All are saying it's shorter then the P3. That post I did with the screen showing was from my house and then back. Over 4 miles one way. If the P4 can't do something close to that, I won't be getting on soon.

If you're flying a P4, can you please fly for distance and post your results. All are saying it's shorter then the P3. That post I did with the screen showing was from my house and then back. Over 4 miles one way. If the P4 can't do something close to that, I won't be getting on soon.
I did 15,000' yesterday with Windsurfer.

This Phantom 4? It is amazing! All these people talking crap about the P3 series is so much better are out of their minds IMO!

The active track and TapFly is amazing. Functional and fun as heck.

The sport mode is awesome too..... Zipping at breakneck speeds all around the sky is so much flipping fun!

The collision avoidance is just a cool feature if you were actually trying to film something and can't gauge the height of something. Honestly I keep mine in sport mode for the most part!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
You may want to look at the Aton from Traxxas. It is our sport drone and the P3 is our camera drone. Aton is more nimble, but P3 is better for the camera and gimbal. It is just money.

Love my p4....and besides the FAA rules are LINE OF SIGHT! Why all the long distance flights! Must be a testosterone thing.
Yes, it would have to be a testosterone thing, because it's just big fun. If you're flying in a remote area where you can see 10-20 miles out, that's line of sight. It gets real old flying in circles around your backyard or a park where kids could be playing. My question is, how far can a P4 fly away from you, and get back safely??? When I fly long, I always have a friend nearby acting as a spotter and using a spotter scope. We also have a chase vehicle out near our route to keep an eye on the Phantom and pick it up if there are any problems. My friends and I have become experts in landing in remote areas just in case we have a problem or another aircraft should wonder into our "line of sight". I have attached a photo so you can see the kind of area we fly in. I have already been asked to locate a lost horse (found it) and will be prepared if there is a lost or missing person in or near the desert where I live.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 312
I was thinking of purchasing a P4 having had a p2+vision and a now a P3A
I was watching a video showing the P4 chasing a person
he ran between 2 trees and the drone followed crashing into some branches sticking out.
Just wondered does the avoidance system not recognise branches ?,
as where I fly there are a lot of trees
Regards

he ran between 2 trees and the drone followed crashing into some branches sticking out.
Regards
Fly between some trees and find out. I'd keep it away from any thing, no matter what they say.

Regards

According to the manual, an object must be at least 500 px in the field of view, but without knowing the sensor pixel size, that is not very useful. It has been stated that it will not see small branches though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing