I'm sorry to say, but,

BczLgmL.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think that is possibly the worst location you could pick. You need an open area to really test it.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

Why are so many people bashing the P4? I had a P3P and it was a great quad but I had some issues with tilted horizon and not so sharp images. Now I have a P4 and there are a lot of improvements that I really like; SD card in body, new prop clips, improved camera, glossy body, camera supported on both sides and extended flight time. If you don't want a P4 or can't afford one that's ok. Don't bash something you don't own. No need to justify to anyone why your not buying! All sounds kinda silly, all this bashing for a $1,500 drone.

Years from now when they advertise 1 hour of flight time some will complain they are only getting 45 minutes. Not too long ago I was happy with 5 min of flight time with a go pro 2 with some jello. Remember those days? Fly what you got and have fun!

I have already gotten 1500 dollars worth of fun out of mine... Owned it 2 days. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KidKobe210 and m0j0
Why are so many people bashing the P4? I had a P3P and it was a great quad but I had some issues with tilted horizon and not so sharp images. Now I have a P4 and there are a lot of improvements that I really like; SD card in body, new prop clips, improved camera, glossy body, camera supported on both sides and extended flight time. If you don't want a P4 or can't afford one that's ok. Don't bash something you don't own. No need to justify to anyone why your not buying! All sounds kinda silly, all this bashing for a $1,500 drone.

Years from now when they advertise 1 hour of flight time some will complain they are only getting 45 minutes. Not too long ago I was happy with 5 min of flight time with a go pro 2 with some jello. Remember those days? Fly what you got and have fun!
I think people that own them are upset that they are not performing as advertised. For those who don't own them I don't think it's about money. At least for me it isn't and I'm not bashing the P4 at all. I am interested in hearing from those who do own them because I would buy one if it was an upgrade. So I'm here waiting for the Eureka moment when they fix the issues so I can buy one myself. I think some folks are sensitive and defensive about their P4 purchase . I wade through that and read the posts from reputable members that have substance.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

Yes I understand that and thought it was not true. On the DJI forum a guy said something that he thought that may have been the case. I just posted it to see if there was a difference.
I didn't think so but not having any yet.
The trouble with Apple is the price here in Australia. The cheapest so far that I have seen is $2230.00 Apple $2,399.95 and some are $2398. So it makes it hard to think where to buy a P4.
thanks
john
Easy multirotorheli 1889.00

I agree. I started this thread, and all the haters started in on how wrong I was.

My point was I am totally happy with mine. I feel like o get better battery than my P3P, and that's good enough for me. The range seems the same. But I haven't really flown it far as most people have pointed out... Because it's pouring rain here all the time. lol.

But I agree. I quit responding because I really don't care what everyone thinks. I freaking love it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I agree. I started this thread, and all the haters started in on how wrong I was.

My point was I am totally happy with mine. I feel like o get better battery than my P3P, and that's good enough for me. The range seems the same. But I haven't really flown it far as most people have pointed out... Because it's pouring rain here all the time. lol.

But I agree. I quit responding because I really don't care what everyone thinks. I freaking love it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
If you ever start hating it, pm me I'll take it over and swear to ya I won't b__ch!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

If I had a P3P or A I would NEVER upgrade to a P4... it's pointless... think about what you are really doing with your Phantom at the end of the day! Even with a P2 with GoPro you can make great footage. So for me coming from a heavily modified P1, the P1.5 (if anyone remember) the P4 is a great upgrade! Jumping from 10 to 22 min is great, having the DJI GO app possibilities is awesome! What I'm saying is if you're constantly buy the latest phantom you will miss this wow effect and will of course chase every little problem and disappointment... It's the same with phones...

Reactions: maseman88
I don't think any of us are bashing the phantom 4. Hell, I own one and I like it. Love it, no. Before the Phantom 4 came out I had a love and hate relationship with the p3. I liked everything about it except the fragile nature of its shell. Three of them cracked on me. Other than that, it delivered the goods in spades. Then I receive my phantom 4. Awesome fit and finish, great speed, same battery life as my phantom 3. Not better but same was fine for me. But then I start flying it like I did my phantom 3 and the problems begin. Crippled lightbridge. Flights like the one in the picture below, made by my phantom 3, stock EU spec, no windsurfer antenna are next to impossible on a phantom 4. Believe me, I tried. 99% of my flights are at 400 foot height, and far. So I'm not new to flying at the edge of lightbridge. So, bashing the phantom 4 cause I don't own it, nah. I own it. Credit where credit is due on speed, fit and finish, but criticisms come as well for the piece of crap lightbridge in it. Anyway, the flight below was done a few weeks ago with my phantom 3. Considering the fact that I had FPV issues with my p4 yesterday at a Mickey Mouse 800 meters, I could not achieve the same with the 4.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 260
  • e7380add-6630-47c3-8511-eb577a80dff1-1.jpg
    e7380add-6630-47c3-8511-eb577a80dff1-1.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 309
If you bought a DVR that claimed it could record 30 hours of video but in reality it only recorded 20 hours would you be upset?

If you purchased a car that claimed 28 mpg but it really got only 14-18 would you feel mislead?

Just because you might not use a feature or venture out as far as others doesn't mean the P4 isn't providing disappointing & well below advertised performance to those of us who do.. While the P4 offers several novel new features, it is falling well short of its P3 predecessor for which it is supposed to be an upgrade. . Many people purchased the P4 based on listed specifications like range & battery stamina, myself included.

Reactions: bighi and Myetkt
DB, I could not have said it better. To those coming from the phantom 2 or outright newbies, no problem. It's all smiles from those guys. The 300 meter radius flight guys, again, no problem. All smiles while they slowly build up the guts to venture into the 1000 meter stuff we were doing back in the phantom 2 days. But for us, guys who knew the phantom 2 well and welcomed the phantom 3 which took us to new levels of long range freedom, we're not all smiles. I personally bought the phantom 4 for two reasons. One is I needed the lightbridge I had in my phantom 3. And the reason in the below because I cracked plenty of them doing sustained long distance high speed runs. The structure of the phantom 4 is far superior. But the lightbridge results are dismal at best. If the phantom 3 was a Bell 206 Jet Ranger, the phantom 4 is a Bell 222 or Aérospatiale Gazelle. But with a string attached to it.

Attachments

• ef61ae1.png
    ef61ae1.png
    1 MB · Views: 306
Reactions: Dirty Bird
If you bought a DVR that claimed it could record 30 hours of video but in reality it only recorded 20 hours would you be upset? NO

If you purchased a car that claimed 28 mpg but it really got only 14-18 would you feel mislead? YES

Just because you might not use a feature or venture out as far as others doesn't mean the P4 isn't providing disappointing & well below advertised performance to those of us who do.. While the P4 offers several novel new features, it is falling well short of its P3 predecessor for which it is supposed to be an upgrade. . Many people purchased the P4 based on listed specifications like range & battery stamina, myself included.
Return It!

We either can return them or, like me who bought direct from DJI, are married to very well buit, very fast, phantoms with Yunnec FPV quality and range :-( .

Last edited:
After two weeks of having a 1600 Euro phantom 4 on the living room shelf, I wouldn't even want to think about the expletives that surely would come out of my wife's mouth were a DJI box show up here with a phantom 3 advanced inside. So yeah, I'm not giving up either. But some Cluster @#€% antenna does not appeal to me either. Let's hope for a firmware miracle. But by the very loud silence coming out of DJI since shipping date, anyone's guess is as good as mine.

1 - Shoddy DVR manufacturers want to know you.

2 - OK you're beginning to see the light!

3 - NThanks for the advice but not everyone is a quitter. I will continue to do what I can to ensure the Phantom 4 delivers on its specifications.
Funny, Have some fun flying this weekend. I know I will ... I just ordered some Dominator V3's and a HDMI board. Going to do some P4 FPVing.

[QUOTE="terrible battery performance" ? [/QUOTE]
I have been flying since phantom one and hitting 17 min would be ideal. My P3P averages 13 min. But I also don't fly lower than 30%.

Keep in mind. A lot of the advertised flight times are tested at a hover, maybe 3 feet off the ground, without a camera attached.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94