If you like precision board soldering.

Reaction score
Just tried out my new soldering station on P2 ESC board replacement, this is a very nice tool.

Hakko FX888D-23BY Digital Soldering Station with Chisel Tip Pack T18-D08/D12/D24/D32/S3

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C1N30DI?redirect=true&ref_=cfb_at_prodpg

solder.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the fx-888 non-digital, and I love it. Was always a Weller guy growing up, but now i just use these. holds temp very well, and parts are easy to get if you need different tip or heater.
These are way better than the Radio Shack $19 kits, if you can still find a Radio Shack in business...

Reactions: Morphious
Just tried out my new soldering station on P2 ESC board replacement, this is a very nice tool.

Hakko FX888D-23BY Digital Soldering Station with Chisel Tip Pack T18-D08/D12/D24/D32/S3

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C1N30DI?redirect=true&ref_=cfb_at_prodpg
View attachment 23546

That's a good solution. However, in my brief look at it, I didn't see the negative pressure solder removal part.

Does it have one? My Fluke Soldering kit has about had it. I wish my soldering kit lasted as long as the multimeter. But it doesn't and I'm not sure Fluke even makes them any more.

Reactions: Morphious

Slinger,
Is this the same one you have?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATTEN-Digit...692?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2316b089ac

I'm uhm,.. between jobs as they say so money's kind of tight but I could swing the $48 for it. And do you think that one would be okay to learn on? I've put off learning how to solder about as long as I can. LOL
I have several unfinished projects just laying around because they need soldering. Now that I have the time I guess it's time to just bite the bullet and teach myself how to do this properly.
Thanks in advance....
BOT

That looks decent, but I've never heard of them.

Actually a lot of the pros have went to Hakko as Weller has got crazy on their prices. I solder a lot and have at least 6 different irons if you count my butane pens. Have a Weller WSL station as well as a couple guns.

I have used Hakko in the more expensive units and they are equal to Weller.

Actually a lot of the pros have went to Hakko as Weller has got crazy on their prices. I solder a lot and have at least 6 different irons if you count my butane pens. Have a Weller WSL station as well as a couple guns.

I have used Hakko in the more expensive units and they are equal to Weller.

Thanks for that info! I've been using my current set up for a good while. And it shows. I seriously need to replace it. I have a couple of Weller Butane pen solderers, both are showing their age. The older, magenta colored items from the 90's. I'll have to dig one of them out. I've not done serious soldering in a while.

Can you recommend an all-in-one kit you've had good success with? From soldering to de-soldering.

Thanks for that info! I've been using my current set up for a good while. And it shows. I seriously need to replace it. I have a couple of Weller Butane pen solderers, both are showing their age. The older, magenta colored items from the 90's. I'll have to dig one of them out. I've not done serious soldering in a while.

Can you recommend an all-in-one kit you've had good success with? From soldering to de-soldering.

I am behind the times with what is current actually so don't have a good recommendation. I have to say I am concerned about the last weller items I bought (two soldering irons) as the quality was not typical Weller.

Just wanted to let everyone know there is no reason to rule out Hakko. I know guys that have them burning on the bench 6 to 8 hours a day and have for the last 5-7 years.

Slinger,
Is this the same one you have?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATTEN-Digit...692?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2316b089ac

I'm uhm,.. between jobs as they say so money's kind of tight but I could swing the $48 for it. And do you think that one would be okay to learn on? I've put off learning how to solder about as long as I can. LOL
I have several unfinished projects just laying around because they need soldering. Now that I have the time I guess it's time to just bite the bullet and teach myself how to do this properly.
Thanks in advance....
BOT

That's the one! And it's a steal at that price...

( I just noticed it's a little different model number and apparently only reads out in Centigrade, not Fahrenheit...)

-slinger

Reactions: dirkclod
That's the one! And it's a steal at that price...

( I just noticed it's a little different model number and apparently only reads out in Centigrade, not Fahrenheit...)

-slinger

Thanks! Just pulled the trigger....
BOT

No problem, I've also been meaning to learn the metric system too... :D
I'm sure it will work for my needs and it fit my budget...
Thanks,
BOT

When asked why I never married I have to be honest, I can't respect a gal who'd have me as a husband..LOL
:D:D....:cool:

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.