If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 READ!

Re: If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 R

Prylar Bek said:
UPDATE...news at 11...They are sending me a RMA and return label to REPLACE my unmarked ESC's with...2.1 ESC's finally DJI comes correct...THANKS!

Well, that's good news. I'm still going back and forth via email with them. Very frustrating. :roll:

Same issues? I went back and forth thru 4 emails!

Prylar Bek said:
Same issues? I went back and forth thru 4 emails!

At this point, no issues, just questions. I've only flown it about 6 times and it has been fine.
It has the 2312 motors and blank label on the ESC. I'm just trying to find out IF I have a problem.

What problem did you have?

Same Going back for 2.1's

I sent DJI a request on the status of my ESC inquiry. I sent the original request on 1/23 and still haven't heard anything. They must be swamped with RMA requests!!!

So should I buy the v3 phantom 2 directly from dji since they have issues with the esc?

mdj89 said:
So should I buy the v3 phantom 2 directly from dji since they have issues with the esc?

I bought both of my P2V+ (V3) directly from DJI's website. The one with the no esc version shipped directly from china while the second one with the 2.1 esc shipped from California.

mdj89 said:

Buying directly from DJI does not necessarily mean you will get the correct ESC's.

If the compatibility chart posted earlier is accurate, mine are not and it came direct from DJI.

I will get my P2V+ tomorrow directly from Dji (28/2), sent from UK to Sweden.

Got so much else to do with the Phantom (already got backpack, gimbal saver 2, stickers etc) so I will take my time and open it up and check the ESC´s. :geek:

Prylar Bek said:
IT means zilch Confirmed today with DJI. Its jus a way to check polarity. Does not or does mean you have 2.1

I decided to call today since I wasn't getting anywhere with email.

Spoke to Jacob and explained my situation. He asked me about the mark on the capacitor and wasn't really interested in the ESC label. I **** you not.
He said blue and red are bad, yellow is good. He sent me an RMA and a label and I'll ship it tomorrow. I haven't even heard of red and yellow. :?:

Crazy.

I called today also. I told them I did not have v2.1 label he asked what color markings were on it. I told him I don't remember and could open her back up and see. I was told they do not advise me to open it back up and to send it in. The person I spoke with was very nice. I can't wait to open her up tonight and see what colors are on my esc.

what colored markings on what?

This is what I have.

Attachments

• ESC.jpg
    ESC.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 448

Mine are blue. Now I have to decide to mail it back or purchases some esc and do it myself

You have the new motors and the old unmarked ESC's Send it back for the 2.1's Just like me. The blue mark on the capacitor means NOTHING

SSR99 said:
Just got back from a 3 battery flight. I purchased a new Vison V3 mid November from Canada Drones, In Ontario. I have not taken the top off to check the versions of the ESC's but my serial # is 645440*** . I have taken it out 10 times with no problems...well once it wrapped up in a bush and tumbled 3 meters to cement, battery popped out, but flew fine after. Today I flew the drone very hard...full speed ahead and slam it back into reverse, ................................ I mean if what i put it through today, and it survived, it should survive anything else? I mean if the ESC's were to fail, or the wires melted, it should have happened today? The weather was hot today, 32 c, and had a 20k wind.

Er... 32C ? Jan 22nd? In Ontario? Cant recollect experiencing these temperatures anytime during the past two weeks here in the GTA. Whereabouts are you located?
Stan

Ok.... Read the later post of the flight being in Costa Rica!

I opened it up, and saw that I had no markings on the sticker, and for what its worth a blue mark on the capacitor. It seems to fly fine, and I really enjoy it...but am terrified to fly it. From what im hearing I should send it back ...So here it sits, $1500 paper weight.

Hell, you bought it, use it. It's under warranty. Let it crash sooner while it's still covered.
Just don't do anything that would void the warranty. Also, Take a video every time you fly, even if just practicing..
If it goes stupid, you will have that record.

I just received my P2V+ v3 and noted that the serial number seems to have jumped since most mentioned here. It starts 646033. I haven't popped the top of it yet, but hopefully that is a good sign that its fresh and less likely to have the wrong ESCs.

same here - just received it tuesday serial number 645480. jonstatt, let us know of your findings if you pull the cover off...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z