Idiot Puts P4 Into Sports Mode and flies it Directly into Fence

He flew it backward into the fence after starting out saying "the problem is that obstacle avoidance cameras are only in the front". Better to blame it on stupid than the bird!

I believe he fly forward during his final crash flight.

1. He fly in sport mode
2. He fly toward a chain fence which at that speed. I am not sure the sensor will recognize the fence and stop in time anyway. Anybody in this forum care to test it out?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

If I wanted one of my products reviewed I definitely wouldn't give it to this A**HAT! What a way to do a review! Total crap!

This was a deliberate reckless flying of the P4, with full knowledge of its limitations. This guy knew exactly what he was doing! Each time it crashed, he intended that result, and knew it would crash. His sole intent was to create a viral video by crashing the P4. It worked! :cool:

I believe he fly forward during his final crash flight.

1. He fly in sport mode
2. He fly toward a chain fence which at that speed. I am not sure the sensor will recognize the fence and stop in time anyway. Anybody in this forum care to test it out?
Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The sensors are turned off while in sport mode by default.

This was, imo, the intent of the video; to confuse and frighten the weak minded people watching the video. He wanted viral fear mongerers to be wide eyed and afraid. His point was that not everyone can fly this quad...

DJI promotes safety first and this guy deliberately flew backwards almost decapitating himself... into fence... Then switched into sport mode and flew straight into it destroying a $1400 quad.

I've personally tested the object avoidance of the P4 in "forward motion" and I can't crash this thing! Even tall grass, inclined hills, trees, bushes... It stops perfectly.

I feel sport mode is the best feature right now though; the raw speed combined with the decades of stability programming has really made this a very fun quad. Sure it could go faster... It's not a race quad, but it pilots like a dream!

My favorite thing to do right now is the film shot called reverse fly away. Recording and going full reverse in sport mode at blazing speed...

Chris

Would the p4 detect a chain link fence normally? Please test and report. Lol
Yes! I've personally tested it in P mode and it works beautifully.

FULL SPEED forward in P mode the p4 will stop completely or go over the fence on each attempt. It's very clear the object avoidance is well programmed. Note: it does not see in any direction other than forward.

I've tested sport mode as well and the sensors are clearly shown as "off" on screen and a warning message alert explains this object avoidance feature is not active in sport mode. I hovered above the fence then went forward and back over the fence at about 2-5 inches and it does not see the fence...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes! I've personally tested it in P mode and it works beautifully.

FULL SPEED forward in P mode the p4 will stop completely or go over the fence on each attempt. It's very clear the object avoidance is well programmed. Note: it does not see in any direction other than forward.

I've tested sport mode as well and the sensors are clearly shown as "off" on screen and a warning message alert explains this object avoidance feature is not active in sport mode. I hovered above the fence then went forward and back over the fence at about 2-5 inches and it does not see the fence...

Cool, thanks! Good info.

DJI need to invent a new mode - optimum flight/Economy mode. This should be able to calculate the most efficient output and speed, very similar to what planes call cruising speed. With this it can then switch to this mode for RTH as it will assure the longest flight time.

Better yet, Dumbshit Mode. "I don't have a clue." mode replacing Beginner Mode. You have ten minutes to enter your FAA number, and after that, it shuts down. You get five tries, and after that, it permanently shuts down after totally wiping the software.
Just a suggestion. There may be better ways to keep Dumbshits from flying.

So when will the FAA be contacting him about posting a video on Youtube as part of a business (Gizmodo)? Wonder what his 333 exemption number is for doing this commercially.

Thank you, I will look forward to this video being taken down off of Youtube.

Thank you, I will look forward to this video being taken down off of Youtube.
Don't count on it. There's this thing called Free Speech that gets in the way. Hey, it's a great illustration of the limitations of the new OAS!

It would have been better if he tested the collision avoidance on himself in Sport mode. That would have been fantastic!

Collision avoidance doesn't work in sport mode

I call BS this guy is crashing on purpose. They are trying to get more clicks on page and views on video by having a crash. A story of great crash.... makes more then another first flight.

He crashes once backwards into fence. So he is obviously trying to crash, anyone who reads anything knows cameras are not in back. But it lived through that crash.... so he put's it in sport and crashes again on purpose. And ofcourse on sport it does not make it.

Someone who's title in video is "testing expert" had to have read manual and know what would happen.

Hanlon's Razor: Don't attribute to malice that which can easily be attributed to stupidity.

Hanlon's Razor: Don't attribute to malice that which can easily be attributed to stupidity.
Unless he's creating a YouTube video of his "stupidity" that he later posts...
The guy's nonchalant reactions to the two crashes says it all...:rolleyes:

Must be nice to have money to burn...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20