I was making a fast hand catch

Reaction score
and I didn't know that my wife was filming the P3A next to me until she showed me after I brought it back in fast and caught it. You can see it slam on the brakes just before it stops in front of me. I gave it a few feet to stop, while hoping that it would stop :) hehe. So I put the 2 videos next to each other for the end catch. It's my P3a on version 1.3.20 so it hasn't been throttled back. The jiggling in the camera was caused by me AGAIN... A few times I have forgotten to take off the Yaw Arm shipping stabilizer and this was one of those times AGAIN... lol. With Rainbowers filters, ND8, GRD4 & polarizer.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for posting the video.

However.... with the amount if braking shown in the video the P3 was realty hauling right toward you... and at face level. It's really luck that it stopped when it did and you did not eat some props to the face. No where near a safe hand catch.

Great video and like your dog. I have one similar.

Reactions: Reed L
Pretty cool with the 2 cams/split screen view.

Thanks for posting the video.

However.... with the amount if braking shown in the video the P3 was realty hauling right toward you... and at face level. It's really luck that it stopped when it did and you did not eat some props to the face. No where near a safe hand catch.

Haha, I was actually ready to grab it out of the air on the move or duck a bit if it didn't stop. I've done a lot of fast catches but this one was the best and when I let off of the sticks I had given it about 6 feet of space to stop and it stopped perfectly like usual. The props were actually over my head a few inches though it doesn't look that way in the video, but I was prepared to grab it if needed. I was wanting to catch it like a baseball but it stopped perfectly... I have 6 months and 2 crashes on this P3A, it's basically my drone that I take the chances with if needed these days. When I bought the P3P, I started using the P3A for fun. Being that it's crashed twice, it's really amazing how durable these P3's are if you use the add on protection and guards. The strong arms and gimbal guards paid for themselves in the first crash when it came down hard on one arm and it just pushed part of the case out back at the body. I pushed it back in, glued the broken camera mount with gorilla glue and took off again 10 minutes later...

The jiggling in the camera was caused by me AGAIN... A few times I have forgotten to take off the Yaw Arm shipping stabilizer and this was one of those times AGAIN... lol.
Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed it, though I did feel a bit tense when the Phantom approached you so quickly.

Question - do you always use that foam shipping piece on your gimbal when you are not using your Phantom? I haven't even seen mine since May 2015, and I have never heard that anyone continues to use it.

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed it, though I did feel a bit tense when the Phantom approached you so quickly.

Question - do you always use that foam shipping piece on your gimbal when you are not using your Phantom? I haven't even seen mime since May 2015, and I have never heard that anyone continues to use it.
I do a lot of traveling and it really sees it's share of bumpy and 4wd roads, so I put it on because it can't hurt.
SnapShot.jpg

Very nice video and catch, wow!!
Where is the video taken?
Thanks :) I don't remember the exact beach but we crossed down out of Oregon into California on 101 and stayed along the coast. I think it was the beach above the Tree's of Mystery pull out on 101 between Eureka and Crescent City at the corner when 101 heads inland.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31