i want to fly my phantom1 two miles out and back safely.

Looks to me as though you have a FC40. My FC40 looks just like yours, the numbers match.

So, if cheebs numbers are correct, the bird will fly off towards it's destination and if/when it looses control signal, it will go into failsafe and initiate RTH. You may want to try for 2 miles over some open ground before doing it in town.

There are pros and cons to the control loosing signal before the FPV. One of the good things is you will be able to watch the bird stop and head for home. :D

Thanks for posting the pics weecan.
Naysayers are everywhere and if they are ignored long enough, they will go away. :p There's always the Report option if they get too annoying. :p

Well I'm in Texas is hot not much wind these days guess I'll go down to Galveston Texas beachfront property pretty clear and open down there try one mile then go for two miles

Well I'm in Texas is hot not much wind these days guess I'll go down to Galveston Texas beachfront property pretty clear and open down there try one mile then go for two miles

Sweet... :D

Phantoms and sand, dirt, flying debris don't do well together. I wouldn't take off from an area where any of the above are a possibility. ;)

Reactions: cheebs
Why not just fly it out to sea, over water for 2 miles. No sand, dirt or flying debris! If it comes back, you are good to go. If not, it wasn't meant to be...:D

Reactions: landmannnn
Why not just fly it out to sea, over water for 2 miles. No sand, dirt or flying debris! If it comes back, you are good to go. If not, it wasn't meant to be...:D
Please keep comments on topic and constructive. Thanks.

Reactions: IflyinWY
That's what I'm talking about information that's it I can do this. Just information on the control of the RC radio is great. This saves me time and money. IflyingWY and cheebs thank you so much for the information the link you've touch my heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: IflyinWY
Are there any economical ways to increase range with the 2.4 ghz on the 1.1.1? I see see different antennas but I think they are meant to increase fpv range using that frequency.

Lots of folks in the P2 forum are getting amazing, to me, distances and they are all swearing up and down it's in the antennas.
A little bit of power directed properly can do big things... :D

The P3 specs tout a 1.2 mile range, but lots of owners of unmodded P3's are getting over 2.5 miles. I, personally, have gotten 2.73 miles with a clear LOS, before any FPV interference occurred, over an urban area, at an altitude of 400 feet. If you want an out of the box solution with a 4K video camera option, seriously consider a P3.

At the moment, I am getting ready to test my P1 with it's 200 mw FPV transmitter and stock antenna. Out here in the sticks, I'm betting it's going to do pretty well.

Probably farther than I can see the bird...:eek::eek::eek: Guess I'll have to recruit some friends to help figure all this complicated stuff out. :D

At the moment, I am getting ready to test my P1 with it's 200 mw FPV transmitter and stock antenna. Out here in the sticks, I'm betting it's going to do pretty well.

Probably farther than I can see the bird...:eek::eek::eek: Guess I'll have to recruit some friends to help figure all this complicated stuff out. :D
You don't have to see it, for it to be LOS. Just need no intervening obstructions between you and the bird, so the transmitter can do its job. FPV does the rest! :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic