I need some advice.

Of course 4k isn't useless. And yes, storage is fairly cheap. However, time is not. Its a limited quantity and that is what is consumed by 4k downsampling. Yea, it looks a little better due to the pixel interpolation that occurs. If I was going to shoot and get paid, perhaps it might be worth it. I am a hobbyist. I don't sell, its a personal hobby thing. And for me, the time involved isn't worth the minor look boost when all I am going to do is pop it up on youtube or show it on my 1080p plasma TV in the living room.

So I feel the end goal needs to drive the process. And I suspect we are quite a lot alike, I doubt either of us deletes any photo/video, even if it appears worthless at the time.

That is a photoshop composite. The girls weren't in the driveway. In fact they weren't even outside, and it was July and the girls were sweating their bums off in those jackets!

Here is how it became...

An old shot that wasn't worth anything at the time i shot it (apparently) that I had taken almost a decade before (with a completely different camera) became useful. Thank God I shoot raw :)

So I don't throw anything away. Even bad shots.

And I get what you are saying that maybe 4k isn't the thing now and it may be in the future. And I do agree. However I don't have the time nor machine to dedicate hours to rendering 4k down to 1080p for just a couple minutes of a clip. That quite likely will change when I build a new box (its not planned at the moment but it will happen). Maybe then 4k will be my phantom setting.

Reactions: Phantom-Four

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl