I got accused of spying

Well the OP made the mistakes

He had a perfect teaching moment but devolved it into confrontation.
The guy was obviously curious. Playing amateur psychologist and telling me I watch "too much TV" will make me sure all drone punks are just the same jerks I see on TV.

Good job! Way to Not make it better for all of us.

Grow some spine and have more confidence in yourself how about?

Says the internet-bully/keyboard warrior from the safety of his anonymous profile...

The guy was obviously curious. Playing amateur psychologist and telling me I watch "too much TV" will make me sure all drone punks are just the same jerks I see on TV.

Really you can teach a drunk logic ?
The OP did better than I would have I have no time for stupid people the guy would have been walking to the place he was staying (he did not live there) with his teeth in his hand :p

Safe? You are just a troll and part of the problem

Are you wanting to fight? That is the problem I am taking about.

Don't having anything useful to say? I don't feel safe, do you?

Really you can teach a drunk logic ?
The OP did better than I would have I have no time for stupid people the guy would have been walking to the place he was staying (he did not live there) with his teeth in his hand :p
Not having time for stupid people is just the arrogance expected from drone jerks

Good job

I wouldn't be so quick to assume the law will be applied to someone who shoots down a drone. The hysteria and paranoia surrounding private drones doesn't stop at the courthouse steps.
The law is unambiguous and applies to any aircraft. The FAA and NTSB considers model aircraft as aircraft for the purpose of enforcing safety regulations, so it could be argued that they are also aircraft for the protection of 18 U.S. Code §32 - 'Destruction of aircraft or aircraft facilities'.

In the real world, however, the US attorney has higher priority cases to expend their resources on.

If someone shoots a drone down and that crash results in serious injury or damage, then we may see a prosecution of 18 U.S. Code §32 by the DOJ.

Reactions: StumbleBee

I have to disagree with your assessment of the situation and determination to pass blame on the op. As he posted he was minding his own business when he was confronted with accusations of spying. The op states he tried to show the man how the camera couldn't zoom in and the man said he probably had a telephoto lens that he removed before he got there. The man was rude, unreasonable and threatening (he stated he would shoot the drone). There are people in this world that can't be changed or taught. From what I read the op kept calm and handled the situation with out escalating it. So in essence he did what he could and didn't come across as a "drone punk." I don't see how you can say the man was obviously curious. He was confrontational!

The problem her is political correctness.

You think this is a blame game

I said mistakes not blame

I have to disagree with your assessment of the situation and determination to pass blame on the op. As he posted he was minding his own business when he was confronted with accusations of spying. The op states he tried to show the man how the camera couldn't zoom in and the man said he probably had a telephoto lens that he removed before he got there. The man was rude, unreasonable and threatening (he stated he would shoot the drone). There are people in this world that can't be changed or taught. From what I read the op kept calm and handled the situation with out escalating it. So in essence he did what he could and didn't come across as a "drone punk." I don't see how you can say the man was obviously curious. He was confrontational!
Anyone ever say that to you in a confrontation? "You watch to much TV..." And in the context of the passive aggressive setup question "Do you watch TV?

It reeks of drone punk and is not helpful.

The problem her is political correctness.

You think this is a blame game

I said mistakes not blame
PC has nothing to do with it and no I don't think this is a blame game. I'll correct my word usage and say I disagree with your opinion that the op made mistakes for the same reasons I already posted.

PC has nothing to do with it and no I don't think this is a blame game. I'll correct my word usage and say I disagree with your opinion that the op made mistakes for the same reasons I already posted.
PC forced your choice of words

Anyone ever say that to you in a confrontation? "You watch to much TV..." And in the context of the passive aggressive setup question "Do you watch TV?

It reeks of drone punk and is not helpful.
The guy was a jerk who was looking for a confrontation. It reeks of "butt-head" on the mans part. From what was posted he was unreasonable. Have you had anyone accuse you of spying and threaten you with shooting your property? It is totally unreasonable to "protect privacy" with deadly force.

The guy was a jerk who was looking for a confrontation. It reeks of "butt-head" on the mans part. From what was posted he was unreasonable. Have you had anyone accuse you of spying and threaten you with shooting your property? It is totally unreasonable to "protect privacy" with deadly force.
People talk **** all the time. Just bluster

"Made the mistakes" can be read as passing blame for the outcome of the situation. And I do watch too much tv, missing out on some good flying time.

Reactions: twist4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers