I got accused of spying

Reaction score
wanna know the worst part? My phantom wasn't even off the ground... Or turned on it was just sitting by my porch for the last 6 hours. A neighbor came over and said if he saw it in the sky he was shooting it down because he wasn't risking me spying on anyone. I showed him pictures I had on my phone and told him about people looking like ants with wide screen lens and he said I probably had telescope lens I could easily take off before he got there. I asked "do you watch a lot of news or something?" And he replied "yeah I do watch a lot of news actually" and I told him maybe he should stop watching so much because it was making him paranoid. He then said he had a right to shoot down anything above his property and I told him he'd go to jail. He said no I would for spying and by then I was trying really hard not to start laughing at him and his paranoia

Go fly near his house and report back ;)

If he starts something maybe have a local LEO stop by and inform him he has no right to stop you. I hate d-bag neighbors like that.

Reactions: Scott Gibson
Yeah THANKFULLY he isn't a permanent neighbor and is just in for the holidays.

WTF? So why would he even care if he's not even gonna be around.

Things like that tick me off, that jackball just assumed that you were going to spy on him! As if he was important enough to even worry someone would want to spy on him. The very fist time I flew my uav a neighbor drove by, stopped in the street and asked "what are you doing, going to be spying on people now?" Based on his impression I took it as a joke but seriously, why do people even think they are important enough to be spied on?

Reactions: mal is up
A threat like that i would call the po po. Bet he's not so tough when they arrive.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: J.James
Screw him people like that need a smack . Get some kind of body cam when you fly .
Like above call the poo poo let them know you where threatened . You should have just laughed in his face you can't fix stupid .

Reactions: Apilot101
Call the poo poo?! :eek:
Can't say **** on the the forum... gotta call down the poo poo on this dingus. Unless, of course, the OP in from Kentucky. I kind of guess that some day it will be perfectly fine in Kentucky to shoot down airplanes and helicopters.

Can't say **** on the the forum... gotta call down the poo poo on this dingus. Unless, of course, the OP in from Kentucky. I kind of guess that some day it will be perfectly fine in Kentucky to shoot down airplanes and helicopters.
"Justified"!! LOL!! Saw some crazy stuff on that show!

Probably and old man visiting his kids for the holidays
Even worse. That guy threatened to shoot his drone if he sees it over his property (and he didn't even live there, just visiting). That's a douchey move no matter what. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20