I got accused of spying

Screw him people like that need a smack . Get some kind of body cam when you fly .
Like above call the poo poo let them know you where threatened . You should have just laughed in his face you can't fix stupid .
I do have a body cam actually, I just didn't have it on me because I've literally only heard positive things from neighbors until this douche decided to come visit. I'm sure he's tried talking to the other neighbors trying to gather a anti drone army but luckily I think the others understand he's an idiot and would be in so much trouble if he even tried shooting it down

Last edited:
Print him a copy and highlight the "up to 20yrs prison" part: 18 U.S. Code § 32 - Destruction of aircraft or aircraft facilities

*yeah I know the odds of prosecution by the feds is slim to none but it might make him squirm a little :rolleyes:
I actually told him he would be charged the same for shooting my drone down as he would for shooting a real plane down (I'm not sure that's entirely true but I've read it on multiple websites) and his reply was "it would be worth it to keep my family from being spied on" like this dude seriously has issues with drones lol

Hey KIDS COULD BE READING THIS! This "poo poo" and "dingus" language is getting out of hand! For the children guys!

Neighbor sounds like a DB.
I actually told him he would be charged the same for shooting my drone down as he would for shooting a real plane down (I'm not sure that's entirely true but I've read it on multiple websites) and his reply was "it would be worth it to keep my family from being spied on" like this dude seriously has issues with drones lol

Tell him that its been all OVER the news lately, and you don't see why he didn't see it: 75% of homosexual rape in prison occurs between a minority violent felone with age <27, and >65 year old white men because they tend to be disease free, for the first couple months anyway.

Reactions: NEair
Hey KIDS COULD BE READING THIS! This "poo poo" and "dingus" language is getting out of hand! For the children guys!
Tell him that its been all OVER the news lately, and you don't see why he didn't see it: 75% of homosexual rape in prison occurs between a minority violent felone with age <27, and >65 year old white men because they tend to be disease free, for the first couple months anyway.
You're okay with homosexual rape, but not poo poo?! :rolleyes:

He's pig-ignorant and that's unlikely to change with just talking to him but if the occasion is right you might be able to bring him around with a demonstration.
Show him what it does and let him watch the screen.
His imagination is too limited to think of anything but spying but perhaps a demo could let a little enlightenment into the dark corners of his imagination.

Doesn't everyone know?

We fly these... Apparently.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449049578.012674.jpg

My doctor (PCP) made a goofy face when I mentioned drones. He's a pilot, flies a small plane. Said something about them hitting planes. So next time I go back, I'm taking my bird to show him. He, like most, have no clue how small they are. Everyone I've educated about them thought they were going to be a huge, dangerous robot aircraft. They can't believe how little it is when they actually see it.

Reactions: RosscoP3S
Guy see drones filming and bombing terrorists in detail on news and cinema. Guy thinks every flying toy can do the same. Guy is uninformed about laws and rights. Guy thinks he can destroy other guys property just because.

It's pretty hard to try and argue with ignorance. And I don't mean stupid people only but also supposedly "enlightened" people who ignore some facts and things for whatever reason. People have weird feelings and fear what they don't understand, and new technology can bring that up.

I guess we'll have a lot of drone paranoia and some really rough meetings and arguments everywhere until drones get spread out, people get informed and everything becomes "normal", or common. That might take a while. One thing is for sure: it won't happen if drones stay on the ground, so I'll keep flying mine regardless. The only way others can learn to live with things (drones, bicycles, etc.) is through everyday direct contact.

Reactions: Meta4
I believe we can help ourselves here. We live in a small town I actually went to the police station, showed them the drone, and discussed where I wanted to fly it. They were very supportive. I took really nice aerials of my neighbors houses with the Fall colors and printed them and gave them to them. They saw you really can't see much and got a nice keepsake. One of them offered to pay me!

Reactions: twist4
Well the OP made the mistakes

He had a perfect teaching moment but devolved it into confrontation.
The guy was obviously curious. Playing amateur psychologist and telling me I watch "too much TV" will make me sure all drone punks are just the same jerks I see on TV.

Good job! Way to Not make it better for all of us.

Grow some spine and have more confidence in yourself how about?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr