I don't understand my drone flyaway?

Flight path:
rtm hw 1.png
rtmhw 2.png

Last known position was around 3,200 ft distance. The last known direction is shown in Yellow line.

last.png

It appears the "Landing point" was where you lost contact.

But wouldn't hurt to go see in that area...

See my last picture. It shows last known direction and the end of the yellow line is 3,200 ft distance.

Well, looking in Chrome browser I see it differently here:

rth last.png

this is the flight info notification.

## 16:00:25
Satellite positioning off. Fly with Caution.
## 16:00:26
Take off and retry this function.
## 16:08:10
## 16:10:29
Taking off
## 16:10:29
Return-to-Home Altitude:30M
## 16:10:34
## 16:10:39
Home Point Recorded
## 16:14:30
Signal Lost. Aircraft Returning Home
## 16:18:56
Maximum Flight Altitude Reached. Adjust altitude in MC Settings if required.
## 16:21:12
Returning Home
## 16:21:55
Returning Home
## 16:22:22
Returning Home
## 16:23:17
Low Power. Returning home
## 16:43:18
Home Point Recorded
## 16:43:20
Taking off
## 16:43:20
Return-to-Home Altitude:30M
## 16:43:50
Home Point Recorded
## 16:43:51
Taking off
## 16:44:19
Propulsion output is limited to ensure the health of the battery.
## 16:45:45
Critically Low Power. Aircraft

what's interesting is between 16:23 and 16;43 wich is the time it took me to power up my phone again.

How would that have helped you? Unless you intended flying at 6' AGL.

Next time, take your quad to your intended cruising altitude, switch to ATTI mode and let go of the sticks. You will quickly see the direction and speed of the wind, and you can then can adjust your flight plan accordingly.

The idea would be you could get a report of the wind speed at altitude but the ATTI suggestion is a really good idea - thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Actually it was is P-GPS mode I was thinking of a different flight. here is the link to the flight. Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Thanks
Not sure how much wind you had at over 1000' altitude. Going Home was invoked a number of times due to signal loss. Every time, it appeared to continue moving away from the home point. Also, with no headwind, the Going Home speed is usually around 25MPH and the current elevation (if higher than the RTH elevation setting) is maintained. Either the wind was so strong that even at full power the drone was unable to overcome the wind hence continued to get pushed farther away from HP - OR, due to the rapidly weakening battery, the drone went into low propulsion output mode. Maybe both. Toward the end it seemed to start making headway towards HP, although very very slowly. Not sure why it lowered elevation before reaching HP - unless there was simply not enough propulsion. You should find the drone relatively close to the last reported location. It may have simply shut down due to lack of power/battery problem in mid flight.

From what I see in the data you had no concern or much care prior to putting the drone in the sky. :(

It appears you launched the aircraft out of your hand, or off the top of your head. You actually did everything you needed to do to lose the aircraft, like you did. You selected F-mode on the R/C before start up. As soon as the motor began to spin you were pressing the AutoTakeoff feature from the app. You Did Not allow the aircraft to record a Home Point before launching! That's sad...

When warning messages display or any type of trouble...to start with, switch the R/C into A-mode. Had you done this, the aircraft would have stopped and hovered rather than drift off like a hot air balloon. A fall from 343ft there will not be much usable if located, unless it fell into a large forgiving bush.

Btw, based on the amount of flight pitch and roll, the aircraft was almost in a direct head on flight path attempting to return home.

Yeah, it wasn't the best of procedures before flying.. I was in a hurry, and that is probably the reason why It did so! (I won't be doing this again.

anyways, I found it, no damage, in a area I had allready walked past when searching for it. + a lot of snow has melted these few days.
even though it was close to the road, I could not see it frome it.
here is where I found it. ( red dot )
58411cc71492ca65bf7ba377fc9565f9.jpg

So thanks every one for your advice and helping out it really helped me understand it better.

Sent from my SM-G925F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah, it wasn't the best of procedures before flying.. I was in a hurry, and that is probably the reason why It did so! (I won't be doing this again.

anyways, I found it, no damage, in a area I had allready walked past when searching for it. + a lot of snow has melted these few days.

So thanks every one for your advice and helping out it really helped me understand it better.

Nice one! I hope the AC really hasn't suffered. Let us know if she's ok with an update. You're one lucky guy!

PS - I'm colour blind so can't see a red dot.. try a blue, yellow or white one!

Nice one! I hope the AC really hasn't suffered. Let us know if she's ok with an update. You're one lucky guy!

PS - I'm colour blind so can't see a red dot.. try a blue, yellow or white one!
Sure, I have put a big white spot.
1871bb380b4a252af91e755e98ce11f5.jpg

Reactions: Numone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT