I don't hand catch anymore

Oh please, do calm down. I didn't say that was my arm. I didn't say that it was a DJI Phantom that caused that injury and I certainly didn't use it to "fool" people. I used it show what a thin, sharp piece of hard plastic, that's travelling at high speed with huge torque can do to human skin, that was all. My view generally is anyone can do what they like, as long as it doesn't endanger others. I'm just of the opinion that its a potentially unsafe thing to do to. I also don't understand why one needs to hand-catch either. If you've taken off from a suitable piece of ground, why can't one land there?
Flaming can now commence....!:D
So I assumed correctly. :)
Many claim they hand catch because they say the Phantom tends to tip over when landing.
Some people hand take off & land if the terrain warrants it.

Flame ya..I would ban ya . You made it look like it was your arm and posted in a 2 month old thread .
I asked you after you posted if it was your arm and you was still on .. No wonder you didn't answer .

So I assumed correctly. :)
Many claim they hand catch because they say the Phantom tends to tip over when landing.
Some people hand take off & land if the terrain warrants it.
Errrr, no, you didn't assume correctly because you said that "The photo you have attached is either a mistake by you (it wasn't) or you are trying to fool people. (no, I wasn't) I assume you just didn't research and posted any ole cut arm pic."(and that'll be a no once more).
Ahhhh, right. Yep, valid reasons I guess.

Errrr, no, you didn't assume correctly because you said that "The photo you have attached is either a mistake by you (it wasn't) or you are trying to fool people. (no, I wasn't) I assume you just didn't research and posted any ole cut arm pic."(and that'll be a no once more).
Ahhhh, right. Yep, valid reasons I guess.
I said this - "I assume you just didn't research and posted any ole cut arm pic". But you say I am wrong... so you meant to mislead us knowing it wasn't from a hand catch or even a phantom? [sorry, that was unnecessary]
Look, it doesn't really matter. The main point is hand catching can harm you, that is very true and I hope anyone here that practices it is extremely careful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Numone and dirkclod
Flame ya..I would ban ya . You made it look like it was your arm and posted in a 2 month old thread .
I asked you after you posted if it was your arm and you was still on .. No wonder you didn't answer .
Oh calm down!!! Take a look at #74. And then take a look at #80.....

My option is if you are not good enough to be able to lift off and land with a gps assisted quad, maybe you should found a new hobby

Hand catch, if it is absolutely necessary! Sure.
For myself, able to land exactly where I want it to is a point of pride and fun!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not a matter if your good enough or not . It's what you prefer . Me hand catch...you land.
I don't need to find a new hobby .I like this one :)

The other day I practiced hand catching and it was surprisingly easy. Then I practiced that with other person (me on the throttle) and it was easy, too.

Then we tried hand launch (he on the throttle), but I was too afraid to let go of the AC because he was putting quite a lot upwards force. I was afraid if the AC would wiggle on its way up or if the guy on the throttle would unexpectedly go to idle power. So I cancelled that experiment.

So it seems it is best to have the same person on the throttle doing the hand launch and maybe also the hand catch. Then there is no room for communication errors how to use the throttle.

Anyway, I still prefer putting the AC on the ground or launchpad, and always keep a few meters distance to the AC. I want to keep the tendons, eyes etc safe.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20