I did it. Flew in the living room.

Reaction score
After watching the P3 launch with Auto Takeoff outside, I decided to launch in my living room--very small space. It's a bit tough flying around with the X5C even.

Awesome. Took a one minute video.

It was amazing how the prop wash was blasting my couch cover, but she was stable.

Great bird.

Congrats. You have some serious brass attachments. Nice video.

Reactions: snowghost
Wait, you mean you guys don't dust the house like this weekly? My wife said I should help with the housework. :eek:

I'd like to try mine as well but still too chicken it would crash into something, nice video btw !

After watching the P3 launch with Auto Takeoff outside, I decided to launch in my living room--very small space. It's a bit tough flying around with the X5C even.

It was amazing how the prop wash was blasting my couch cover, but she was stable.

Great bird.
If you can get it to go into the kitchen and bring you back a beer then I'd be seriously impressed! ;) Just kidding, nice flying. I'd be too afraid of running into my TV or putting a gouge in my couch.
At least we can all feel better knowing your phantom didn't go crazy when going over that cliff (coffee table) :)

****, I love this show. It beats the circus. :D:D:D

That is one hell of a collection of little airplanes you have there. :eek:

Great bird.
I did too, my dogs hate me now.....

I did too, my dogs hate me now.....

Lol. My Border Collie hates even the Nano. So she disappeared fast when the P3 was set to motion.

This is my first attempt at flying through the house. I can see I need some work at making it smoother. I really wanted to see if I could do it . Next time i'll work on making it smooth. I've sped it up since it's so boring :)

I also tried flying in the living room and it worked ok, but I am not convinced the VPS is all that good. Even though I was flying over what I consider to be very "contrasty" rugs, the VPS height was not registering in the app. I "flew" in other rooms by just holding the P3 in the air and watched the VPS display in the app. Over some surfaces like some wood floors it worked some of the time, even up to more than 8 feet, but often, even when you'd think it would work, it didn't register a height.

Reactions: joe renda
The vps height comes from sonar. Thick carpet absorbs that so it won't bounce back to the p3. That's why it works over hard wood floor.

You're all braver than me...I'm just not going to chance it....I reckon those props could cut most of my furniture to pieces (meaning my missus would then cut me to pieces!!)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues