I crashed my Phantom 3 Pro today

Reaction score
Took my backup bird out to stretch its legs and end up with a damaged unit

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Took my backup bird out to stretch its legs and end up with a damaged unit

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Oh sorry to see that after nice flight and especially after the auto land showing you going to get it,hopefully damage not to extreme and can be fixed,,have to ask what are nats? Pesky birds....looks like you might get away with just clipping shell back together

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Nats are very small flying bugs that swarm around your sweaty face...take a hand and swoosh them away and 5 seconds later even more are back....Good day Ianzone ..and your 100% right as it was a beautiful flight till the pole issue.

It looks very repairable, but not sure what internal issue may arise. Of all the hex key sets I have, I don't have one that fits the 2 screws just below the motor mount. The worst part was dragging my old butt over a chainlink fence twice, I had to do a FOG walk (Ship board detail to clear the flight deck of debris) to find the SD card. I was lucky again, I saw the pole and was starting the turn when THUD!. Lost 2 props to damage once it hit the ground still running, one of the screws I need to get out slide under the shell and that what caused the buckling in the seem of the frame.

You need a TORQ driver to get those two screws out ... all others are standard hex driver.

I replaced mine with Hex versions to avoid having to search for my Torq set.

Torx T6 is the size you need. I picked up a little cell phone repair kit at Lowes and I just keep it in my backpack with the Phantom.
The kit I bought has all the small Torx and Phillips sizes and a few others like security hex (for the ones on other devices with the pin in the middle to keep a normal hex wrench out) as bits that fit into a precision screwdriver handle, and it has the plastic pry bar that is handy for undoing the snap locks around the edge of the body.

Torx T6 is the size you need. I picked up a little cell phone repair kit at Lowes and I just keep it in my backpack with the Phantom.
The kit I bought has all the small Torx and Phillips sizes and a few others like security hex (for the ones on other devices with the pin in the middle to keep a normal hex wrench out) as bits that fit into a precision screwdriver handle, and it has the plastic pry bar that is handy for undoing the snap locks around the edge of the body.

Big thanks for the info gentlemen, I have a set arriving today, so repairs will commence this weekend

Well after getting the right tools for the job, I dived in ready to put this bird back together. The resseting of the frame was successful, with only a very slight lift at the point where the frame buckled. Put the battery in and fired it up, the boot process was normal and connected to the controller as usual. The app worked, and camera view was normal, GPS was good and everything was a go, pulled down and in on the sticks and got the ESC error!!!! none of the motors spun up.

Did the reboot several times as instructed, but the results remain the same. It looks like I may need to seek professional help on the next phase of repairs as I may need to replace the main board since all of the motors did not spin up. Anyone have a cost range on such a repair? or would I be better off seeking another P3P off ebay for around mid $300-$400.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31