I am out?

Is that a P3P or P3P 4k(P3A with 4K Camera)
I think DJI should have changed the name of the P3P 4K so not to confuse potential buyers.
As far as i can see, you can't tell them apart, can you?
The pic is old style motors tho, so could be old stock. I purchased mine(P3P) in Dec with the new style motors.

you seem to be confused about models
P3PRO with 4k camera...Lightbridge 4-10 mbs 720
P3ADV with 2.7K camera...Lightbridge 2 mbs 720..

P3 4K with 4 k camera ... wifi
P3STD with 2.7K camera ...wifi

Agreed. People think the p3 4K is pro model as they look alike.
0ed9ccb83082334c19da43d9880955a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Agreed. People think the p3 4K is pro model as they look alike.
0ed9ccb83082334c19da43d9880955a8.jpg

not once when buying 6 phantoms did I buy on "looks" lol
I make sure I dig and know what I want and can afford --thats why buying used has been so great research...

$799 will get you a "new" P3P, sell yours for parts.
Between labor costs, the uncertainty of getting a major repair done correctly, postage and time these things are getting pretty close to being disposable. I'd hesitate to try to repair any significantly damaged Phantom these days.

Says something about the supply chain and our civilization but there you have it.

Loosing the compass makes it fly straight into the ground?? That doesn't sound right...
To loosen the compass you have to disassemble a bunch of things so it isn't hard to believe that the P3 would subsequently fall apart. To lose the compass function, I agree that it shouldn't spiral the thing directly into ground.

Sorry, sorry. I couldn't resist.

Reactions: randykahl
not once when buying 6 phantoms did I buy on "looks" lol
I make sure I dig and know what I want and can afford --thats why buying used has been so great research...
I totally agree. But I've seen mention of people talking about the pro version with wifi. I never knew there was a pro version with wifi. Unreal all the bogus info out there.

Just do a search. Many dealers selling like hot cakes. There is a fire sale in the p3p. I got 650. But rare. 799 is mostly the going price.
0e599f1efcb0befa02a4365802c5fd63.jpg

In Canada, as of today, the lowest price for a P3P is $1300 Canadian Loonies! A P4 will cost you a min of $1850 Canadian. Both prices do not include Provincial Sales Tax or the Government Tax. Let's just say that when we Canucks by a drone, it's an investment. I'm sure in the UK it's equally price insane.

In Canada, as of today, the lowest price for a P3P is $1300 Canadian Loonies! A P4 will cost you a min of $1850 Canadian. Both prices do not include Provincial Sales Tax or the Government Tax. Let's just say that when we Canucks by a drone, it's an investment. I'm sure in the UK it's equally price insane.
Pssst. I'll fly one over the border for you.

As a side question, are your repair charges equally high? I would naively expect parts to be similarly expensive, but labor to be about the same?

At least, when you faint from seeing the repair bill, and fall down and break your leg, you won't be bankrupted by the ER charges.

Im not confused...
My Point was they Look The same.The only Visual difference is on the Gold Plate.
I think they should have made them more Visually different.

Pssst. I'll fly one over the border for you.

As a side question, are your repair charges equally high? I would naively expect parts to be similarly expensive, but labor to be about the same?

At least, when you faint from seeing the repair bill, and fall down and break your leg, you won't be bankrupted by the ER charges.
Yes, please fly one in my direction (much appreciated). I'll ship you back a truckload of maple syrup. :)

Most repair outlets in Canada (a handful) are DJI authorized retailers of the product. I've never used the service so can't comment on price or turnaround time. I think you're correct in assuming it would be much more costly for repairs in Canada than the US.

To loosen the compass you have to disassemble a bunch of things so it isn't hard to believe that the P3 would subsequently fall apart. To lose the compass function, I agree that it shouldn't spiral the thing directly into ground.

Sorry, sorry. I couldn't resist.

No reason to apologize for being ****, I never do!

I'm sorry forgot to ask what input were you giving the AC when it went to the ground? Where you trying to steer?

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

Is that a P3P or P3P 4k(P3A with 4K Camera)
I think DJI should have changed the name of the P3P 4K so not to confuse potential buyers.
As far as i can see, you can't tell them apart, can you?
The pic is old style motors tho, so could be old stock. I purchased mine(P3P) in Dec with the new style motors.
P3 4K is P3S with 4K camera. It does not have lightbridge.

P3 4K is P3S with 4K camera. It does not have lightbridge.
Exactly. There is not such thing p3p 4K. It is a standard with a 4K camera. The pro and advance both have light bridge and the advance also has 2.7k camera basically 4 versions.
Standard
Standard 4K
Advance 2.7k
Pro 4K. That's it. I don't understand the confusion.

Im not confused...
My Point was they Look The same.The only Visual difference is on the Gold Plate.
I think they should have made them more Visually different.

When I read this in your post:
"...Is that a P3P or P3P 4k(P3A with 4K Camera)
I think DJI should have changed the name of the P3P 4K so not..."

I apologize,
I thought you wrote "or P3P 4k(P3A with 4K Camera)"
I was just pointing out that doesn't exist! you stuck and extra p in there
but there is a
P3 4K

Exactly. There is not such thing p3p 4K. It is a standard with a 4K camera. The pro and advance both have light bridge and the advance also has 2.7k camera basically 4 versions.
Standard
Standard 4K
Advance 2.7k
Pro 4K. That's it. I don't understand the confusion.

correct only 1 uses the term PROFESSIONAL or Pro or P after the 3
some insert it mentally.

anyone look at the healthy drone link I left?

Could you extract the .DAT file from the phantom? That will enable those who carry out investigations to be able to analyse the data properly. Healthy Drones crash information is really rather poor. If you can get the .DAT file out, I can convert it and have a look at is using @BudWalker 's conversion and @Luap 's dashware system.

Could you extract the .DAT file from the phantom? That will enable those who carry out investigations to be able to analyse the data properly. Healthy Drones crash information is really rather poor. If you can get the .DAT file out, I can convert it and have a look at is using @BudWalker 's conversion and @Luap 's dashware system.

That is all French to me, please let me know how I do that. The drone was almost perfectly sideways when it was heading to the ground. I was thinking I was going to be able to pull out of whatever it was doing. The motors were going crazy, not your normal buzz.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1