How's the FPV screen quality when it comes down to direct HDMI vs Litchi's FPV(Phone+Vr)?

Reaction score
After using litchi's fpv via iphone and vr headset, I notice that the quality downgrades a bit compared to its regular fpv screen. It must be a VR thing. How exactly does direct hdmi differ from the quality that litchi's fpv offer?

Litchi divides the screen to two sections thus reducing the resolution to half. That's the was you can do it on one screen.

HDMI out gets you 720p resolution which is pretty good but then how do we see it on goggle. If google uses one screen, it will be comparable to Litchi but if goggle has two separate 720 p screens then you enjoy viewing it. These dual screen goggles are little expensive in the range of $700-1200.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Litchi divides the screen to two sections thus reducing the resolution to half. That's the was you can do it on one screen.

HDMI out gets you 720p resolution which is pretty good but then how do we see it on goggle. If google uses one screen, it will be comparable to Litchi but if goggle has two separate 720 p screens then you enjoy viewing it. These dual screen goggles are little expensive in the range of $700-1200.

Thanks for the post... so are those fatsharks duel screen , or are they just a $400 dollar split vr screen headset?

FatShark are dual screen but not 720p resolution , I think about 460p resolution.

Reactions: tml4191
Using Fatsharks is like sitting way back in the theater from the screen. You're essentially looking at two real small screens with not great resolution. Have enjoyed the Litchi FPV VR, split screen on an iPhone much more. Way bigger, immersive screen/ experience. Also using your smart phone is much less expensive. Bought the Zeiss VR One headset ($129.) and purchased the Blitz Wolf VR headset for $29.99. The Blitz worked way better with the Litchi App than the Zeiss did. Not much adjustment in the Litchi App and more adjustments with the Blitz's than the Zeiss. Quality of the two headsets seems to be very similar despite the disparate prices.
Also have used the 3D FPV app which allows you to make adjustments to the app with the RC unit and not having to take off the headset and spots on the screen.

Reactions: tml4191
With 3D FPV app, as mentioned above, one can make almost all adjustments using the C1 & C2 buttons on the controller, and it is packed with many practical features. It is, in my opinion, the most advanced app for FPV. However, Litchi has many other features that 3D FPV doesn't. Both are great apps. Drone VR out of Germany is really great, too. You can make commands with your voice. Like adjusting the ISO, take a photo, stop and start recording. The video quality is great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31