How to respond to douche bags...

Reaction score
One of my real estate friends shared our Facebook page earlier today with all of her friends. It didn't take long before, Mr. D-bag real estate broker showed up. He made some ignorant comments based on the reporting of main stream media and I ended up sending him this private message:
-----------------------
Hey "Mr. Broker", I don't know you but obviously you have taken it upon yourself to police Facebook for the FAA. I'm not sure what your opinion is on the subject but I have decided to create a business based on an industry that is right now in it's infancy and there is no regulation. This industry is here and it is a multi billion dollar monster. The FAA has tried to scare people into believing that it is ILLEGAL to sell aerial footage obtained using regulations for RC planes. IT IS NOT. They are working on regulations and it may contain language that would make it illegal but per the judge in the Pirker vs. FAA case, any such language would be struck down in court. For your information I have attached an article about the case:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-0 ... t-faa.html

Until then I will abide by all FAA regulations concerning RC aircraft and fly responsibly.

If you would like to discuss it further, I am happy to come by and see you, go to lunch or just talk on the phone.

Sincerely,
Overhead Aerial
---------------------
He has not responded, but I won't mind having a discussion if he wants. Just thought I'd put this here for those who may run into the same kind of noise.

I think that was extremely well put. I've have had this discussion in person with a broker / agent and it went pretty much the same way. Stand your ground and don't be intimidated. I also had a similar discussion with a police officer that flat out said as long as we aren't flying with malicious intent their hands are tied. Offer him one listing of his choice of free services.. that will make him stfu.

Unless your service includes a clause that you will pay your client's $10,000 fines AND/OR pay all the lawyer fees to dispute and drag it out in court for a few years, it is downright irresponsible to claim that this is a willy-nilly risk-free proposition to whoever you are offering your services. It is not. Do you realize how much a Pirker-like defense costs in lawyer charges?

You're playing lawyer on the Internet just like the other guy.

There is good reason why NAR is advising Realtors not to use drones, and why major listing agencies are refusing listings with drone photos.

But the photo was taken with a gopro and some helium baloons attached to a fishing rod. Whats the problem?

If this guys is just a fool, why do you even care what he thinks? I wouldn't wait for him to turn you into the FAA, you should call them yourself and tell them to piss up a rope.

YOU da man! :lol:

The only effective way to deal with a doucher is to act like a doucher yourself.

Tell Mr. Broker if he keeps harrassing you about fictitious laws he concocted in his little pea brain --- then tell him you will use your legal UAV to film his fat wife nude sunbathing and then post it on Facebook for all to see. Gotta hit these scumbags with major firepower.

That will shut up a doucher's piehole faster than lickety-split.

Uh... no... I would wholeheartedly disagree. Obviously acting like a doucher yourself is NOT the only effective way to deal with someone like this. As proven by OverheadAerial's method which was to inform in a civil tone, quite professionally, backed up by facts, and offer a discussion.

Making idiotic threats (while simultaneously insulting his wife) would just add fire to the flame... something that OA can ill afford, since he has a professional business.

Always remember that people like this are simply speaking from a position of being misinformed. It doesn't necessarily mean that they, themselves, are even assholes... just that they misunderstand the situation. Some quick education is often enough. If done right, as OA did, he still may have the opportunity to actually count "Mr Broker" as a client one day... once he is better educated and better informed.

ProfessorStein said:
Uh... no... I would wholeheartedly disagree. Obviously acting like a doucher yourself is NOT the only effective way to deal with someone like this. As proven by OverheadAerial's method which was to inform in a civil tone, quite professionally, backed up by facts, and offer a discussion.

Making idiotic threats (while simultaneously insulting his wife) would just add fire to the flame... something that OA can ill afford, since he has a professional business.

Always remember that people like this are simply speaking from a position of being misinformed. It doesn't necessarily mean that they, themselves, are even assholes... just that they misunderstand the situation. Some quick education is often enough. If done right, as OA did, he still may have the opportunity to actually count "Mr Broker" as a client one day... once he is better educated and better informed.

+1

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4