How to hover with hands?

Reaction score
Hi guys..

how can i hover holding the p3 in hands?

I mean, i bring it to me, hold it in the air with my hands and then....?? What should i do? Put the stick to down 3 seconds like on the ground? Is there a way to turn it off while in the air (with it in hands)?

Thanks!!!

Welcome to the forums, Donezil.

Yes, that's called a hand-catch. There are different methods. I like to catch it with my right hand and power it down with my left. Keep it above eye-level until the motors stop. Especially if there's a breeze, I like to go to the Phantom, instead of flying it towards me.

There are many threads on "Hand-catching" you can search for in the forums.

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks for the welcome and reply clipper!

when you say that you go to your phantom when breezing are you saying that you leave the RC and go to the phantom and push the power (battery) button off??

You will want to have a lanyard holding the remote while you grab the Phantom, then either wait for it to slow down the props or do the CSC with your free hand.

Thanks Jacob and IflyinWY!

what is CSC?

Im trying to familiarize with all this abrevviations reading the forum but i still miss some...

THANKS again!

Reactions: IflyinWY
when you say that you go to your phantom when breezing are you saying that you leave the RC and go to the phantom and push the power (battery) button off??
He meant that when he has the Phantom hovering about 3 mtres away at head height, he does not fly it towards him, but steps toward the hovering Phantom.
This is to prevent accidents.

what is CSC?
It is short for Combined Stick Command.
This is the way you start the Phantom ... sticks down and inwards at the same time.
i-ZhRNmjb-L.jpg

Reactions: IflyinWY
To clarify - the preferred way to stop the motors while hand catching (and most agree at any time) is to pull back the left stick fully until the motors stop. The Phantom will stop the motors if the left stick is back fully for 3 seconds with no downward movement of the aircraft. (But clearly will not stop the motors if the aircraft is still descending.)

I've gone to almost always hand catching and like it much better. It's faster, looks cooler, and is less likely to cause a tip-over in higher wind.

Chris

Thanks chris... very clarified now about the hand-catch!

today i took off from my living room, there is a enormous open space just outside my window.. and hand catch will help me a lot, because to hover is more dificult than to take off !

im trying to find out now about the flight modes...

i tested on the simulator and noticed that the ATTI mode doesnt stabilize the aircraft, right?

About the VPS, (that stabilize the aircraft indoors, right?), is it turned on like gps, automaticaly, or should i do something? because when i turn everything on indoor here is on atti-mode... and not on the P-OPTI...

Thanks one more time for all the helps

ah one more question that i just get here..

I tested the option to set the current aircraft position as a home point but, at least on the simulator, it didnt work..

have someone tryied it?

should be a nice option!

when landing best is to bring the bird to you then "catch" I actually CSC with right hand while holding in left....

and thats my view as old age is creeping up on me and I don't want to chase a unknown.... or bend over

Thanks meta4 and dirkclod

this forum is great, everyone helping each other, and fast!

THANKS!

Yea, you say that now. Wait till you meet some of our trolls. Please do not feed them... :eek:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31