How to hand catch?

That may be it....great pilots. But electronics fail at times and the Great pilot has no control.
life is a crap shoot everything fails at times could be driving and car breaks you crash . life is to short to worry about what ifs

I came from the era of when you built your aircraft from sticks. You installed the servos, linkages, receivers, and all of that stuff. You learned a lot. Today you buy a ready to fly craft. You did no work to build this. You may not even have an understanding of how it flys. But you take it out of box...register it...charge batteries and all of a sudden you are a pro wanting to make money with your videos. People that have no real clue to what photography is all about think they are ready for the big time. I really laugh at this. But then again the people seem to get dumber and will accept anything. That's ok but I don't have to accept it. I know what quality is.

I came from the era of when you built your aircraft from sticks. You installed the servos, linkages, receivers, and all of that stuff. You learned a lot. Today you buy a ready to fly craft. You did no work to build this. You may not even have an understanding of how it flys. But you take it out of box...register it...charge batteries and all of a sudden you are a pro wanting to make money with your videos. People that have no real clue to what photography is all about think they are ready for the big time. I really laugh at this. But then again the people seem to get dumber and will accept anything. That's ok but I don't have to accept it. I know what quality is.

Thank you. With that information I now feel confident that I can safely hand catch my phantom!

wow monte how old are you

[QUOTcatching reat_Lakes, post: 892261, member: 60012"]Thank you. With that information I now feel confident that I can safely hand catch my phantom![/QUOTE]
Hand catching is easy. I do it most of the time. I like landing on the ground better but the surface is not always good for that without a tip over and damaging props. Ya gotta be careful with hand catch especially if it's windy. I haven't had any problems yet but one day I'm sure my fingers will meet the props,

Reactions: flpholt
I'UOTE="flpholt, post: 892263, member: 52208"]wow monte how old are you
Im 28 in a 68 year old body.[/QUOTE]
I know how you feel I'm only 53 so you got a few on me

I know how you feel I'm only 53 so you got a few on me
Just a few. The thing is I really don't think that differently than I did in the past. My mind still works. Just a few more aches and pains.[/QUOTE]
lol yep I know the feeling

just hit auto land hand catch motors shut off real fast automatically
That's seems not a safe way to do it. I hand catch sometimes, by just hovering a bit over my head height and reaching up holding tight, then left stick all the way down. Way would you want to hand catch a moving drone.

Last edited:
Reactions: gvsukids
That's seems not a safe way to do it. I hand catch sometimes, by just hovering a bit at head height and reaching up holding tight, then left stick all the way down. Way would you want to hand catch a moving drone.
its easy can stand under it instead of moving your head towards moving blade try it you will see hoe easy it is

Don't think this person in the video knows what he's talking about with the left stick thing.
I don't use the rc to shut it down after I catch it few seconds later motors shut off automatically

wouldn't know have 3 and don't use them most people I fly with don't use them either
I got a lanyard the first week of my drone purchase, just made sense. Even way before hand catching was even a thought to me. There's was a place to attach one for safety reasons, why not use it. Can't think of any good reasons to not have a way to hold up my RC and tablet from not falling to the ground for some unforeseen reason.

I got a lanyard the first week of my drone purchase, just made sense. Even way before hand catching was even a thought to me. There's was a place to attach one for safety reasons, why not use it. Can't think of any good reasons to not have a way to hold up my RC and tablet from not falling to the ground for some unforeseen reason.
some people don't need them or have a use for them when we fly have popup shade tables chairs so have plenty of places to put things down at
MAX_0002.JPG

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20