How to downgrade firmware?

Reaction score
Trying to avoid bricking my phantom 3 4k, I have never done this before.

It currently has firmware 1.6.50, with constant transmission problems. This update was installed a long time ago, and I hadn't used my drone for some months, thinking that newer updates would come along. Apparently not. I remember everything was fine before this update. Is there anyway I can downgrade it?

EDIT:
I have found the .BIN files and instructions. Can I downgrade to any version or do I have to go sequentially?

Last edited:
Yes you can
Thank you for replying. I originally tried downgrading from the app, but it only showed me the latest firmware 1.6.50.

As soon as I turn the drone on with the firmware file on the SD, it begins and very quickly updates. The log file says it was successful, yet the reported version in the app is still 1.6.5

Am I missing a step?

Is the remote control at 1.6.5 and the air craft at another firmware? Is there a way I can put the .bin files in one of the apps folders so that I can install from there?

EDIT: I have copied the firmware bins to the Upgrade / DLPackage folder of the app, but they do not appear as options. I guess there is a file that keeps track of whats been downloaded. The app now does report the correct firmware version.

Does the remote need updating?

Last edited:
I dont understand, sorry my bad english, i do actually dowgrade my dron and the remote, BUT y updated again because the problem (esc problem) was fixed by another new upgrade. Do you need downgrade for the geo zones?

It currently has firmware 1.6.50, with constant transmission problems. This update was installed a long time ago, and I hadn't used my drone for some months, thinking that newer updates would come along. Apparently not. I remember everything was fine before this update. Is there anyway I can downgrade it?

EDIT:
I have found the .BIN files and instructions. Can I downgrade to any version or do I have to go sequentially?
Now i understand, send me PM and tomorrow i will send you the upgrade DJI gave me for the ESC error , thats work fine for me, and you can try too.

My P3P was bricked by downgrade instructions ...

Not something I advise anyone to get into. I am not only one who this happened to.

Reactions: Dante.Pinkman

EDIT:
Do you still have those old .bin files?

EDIT:
Do you have that .bin files still?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj