How to deep discharge batteries

Just to be clear, P4 batteries are LiPo and they need some special treatment to get the best life span from them. They can be quite dangerous if they are badly treated and can pose quite a fire hazard if they become defective for some reason. I have no experience of problems but there are some horror stories floating around and even a video on YT as I recall. I always charge batteries the day before a flight and store the fully loaded batteries in ammo cans, just to be on the safe side.

The main things to watch out for are visible damage, swelling or contact with water. The LiPo chemicals react violently in contact with water.

This guy is quite a good source of info about many things DJI:
You may have your chemistries confused. There is negligible free lithium metal in LiION cells- there is no risk of the violent reaction with water you seem concerned about. I’m any case if the electrolyte doesn’t leak out of the liPO pouches hkw might you expect water may enter?

Air crews are trained to use water or any other available beverage liquid (straight spirits likely not advisable) to deal with a liPO fire on board where an extinguisher isn’t readily available.

Contact Alex on this website link below and you'll have the very best in Phantom or Mavic battery maintenance. I've been using this device for more than a year now and I've never, ever had any issues with my batteries.

Phantom Angel

Bud
Agreed, I've been using his device for about a year as well and my batteries are over 3 years old and still going strong.

Agreed, I've been using his device for about a year as well and my batteries are over 3 years old and still going strong.
The angel looks like a very nicely made and reasonably priced product that likely performs well in discharging.

You would likely find your packs would be performing just as well now had you only relied on the auto discharge feature.

The battery monitoring and management SOC implemented in these packs makes deep discharge unecessary in fuel gauging. Mah counting to determine capacity is old tech only found in low end products in recent times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues