how to connect multicoloured LED lights to Naza

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm going to start building an F450 next month and I have a question about the LED lights.

I'm going to use a Naza M V2, which comes with a port for an LED module that gives information on the flight status. However the module is just a single multi coloured LED light source. It's possible to buy strips of multi coloured led lights.

Is it possible to connect the strips of multi coloured LED lights to the Naza M v2 so that they can give the same status information as shown on the LED module? Basically I would like the lights to be as easy to see and as spread out as they are on the Phantom.

Cheers all

:)

I am sure there is a way. But it would be a mission. The led module has other functions other than just status lights.

It may be of interest, the led on the module is really bright. I am building a 450 and powered it up at the weekend.

Looking intently at the led----- well, I had bright dots imprinted into my vision for hours :oops:

Yes, you can read analog voltage pulses to led1 and led2 leads going to the module and get red/green/yellow flashes to send to a controller and on to addressable LEDs. My forum avatar is an f450 that does that--display orientation lights until the Naza blinks, then it mirrors the color and duration of the blinks. I have a full tutorial posted that I'll link to when I get to a PC.

Edit: here's a video of how it looks on my f450:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXzS2CtT8N4[/youtube]

Here's a link to my tutorial: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2144784

Reactions: wasantha.weerawarna
ElGuano said:

That's not an F450... that's a Klingon Battlecruiser. :D

Thanks guys.

Elguano: Thanks for the tutorial, that's exactly what I was looking for!

Cheers

On more than one occasion I've thought about flipping the NAZA and running it as an i6 to get that battlecruiser thing going even more :)

Ev5N2ra.jpg

But for some reason it looks more natural in the air as a Y.

Reactions: rattydude77
ElGuano said:
Yes, you can read analog voltage pulses to led1 and led2 leads going to the module and get red/green/yellow flashes to send to a controller and on to addressable LEDs. My forum avatar is an f450 that does that--display orientation lights until the Naza blinks, then it mirrors the color and duration of the blinks. I have a full tutorial posted that I'll link to when I get to a PC.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXzS2CtT8N4[/youtube]

Here's a link to my tutorial: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2144784

THAT. IS. SICK!!!

Now see....**** like this is what gives us a bad name. That thing looks scary and it has "Big Brother is watching you" written all over it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

J/K - that thing looks awesome!!!

[youtube]
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here's a link to my tutorial: Programmable NAZA LED Neopixels for Y6 - RC Groups
Hi,

I am fascinated by your work. I am a newbee. I understand what you have achieved here and basically you have used a programmable controller. Have you had any idea or controlling ARM LEDs with a controller that has PWM input. I've got Mateksys 2812 LED controller with 6LED Arm strips for my hexacoper. This controller board can be controlled Betaflight. However, there is no guide on using its built-in PWM input with any other flight controllers like my Naza M V2. 2812 controller works with FC Chanel forwarding.

Any thought on this?

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers