How to access the live video feed to integrate it into an app?

kmz

Reaction score
my question is pretty straight forward: is it possible to get the live video feed with some data of the drone to integrate them into an app? i saw some sdk about onboard feature but not for the phantom 3

Yep. AZrecorder for Android will record everything the app sees and make a video file for you. You'd need a video editor if you wanted to integrate that into your main video. I use VSDC. The data log can be overlayed with Dashware.

Last edited:
Or use the HDMI module to get a live video with telemetry and use a video recorder.
Most probably the solution in post #2 is the most easy, I use it too. You need some tablet with good processing capabilities so it can handle all these tasks.
That all depend why you want to do it.

thx but that's not what i meant, i mean getting the real video feed to be able to integrate it in a website or an app, like duplicating it

You need to become DJI developper, get the SDK and do your own app like there are many.
I think it is also possible to stream to youtube (never tried).
The HDMI output give you the video stream with telemetry but then you need to have something to relay it to your web site I would imagine.

yeah that's the main path to take, but i was also looking for diy version, I saw a russian dev who successfully managed to duplicate the video feed of his osmo, but he doesn't own a drone, here's a look of the video about the osmo:

i have several ideas, and one is an app project, so i guess i'm gonna go with sdk, but my other idea is more web-interface/software based, and the live stream medias (yt, fb, periscope) aren't showing any telemetry, not even mentionning the lags and chopiness of the feed

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj