How to accept payment for aerial photography in U.S

ianwood said:
Mere hypothetical provocation on my part.

But, I really really want an FAA cease and desist letter! I have a spot on my wall picked out where it will hang in a picture frame serving as a lasting reminder of how badly the FAA cocked up civilian UAV regulation.

Well with all your bravado, I do hope you get your(letter) wish. Most people would think twice about trying to take on an arm of the government that has unlimited resources and can make your life really miserable, tying up a good portion of your time and monies(for lawyers and legal costs) in court.

Sounds like SteveMann has some legal experience in these matters, and is trying to politely let you know that your intent will just put you into deeper sh%t.

I sincerely hope it works out for you, and I will be watching for it in the news.

Sounds like SteveMann has some legal experience in these matters, and is trying to politely let you know that your intent will just put you into deeper sh%t.
Not directly, but I have known pilots who ran afoul of the FAA and I have been a commercial pilot for 25+ years. Also, being an avid reader of pilot's forums and news gives some insights to FAA enforcement actions.

Some people may choose to keep their mouths shut over the FAA's obtuse decision making and some may vocally express their displeasure with it. I think everyone knows which camp I'm in.

I don't fear publicly objecting to the FAA on this. Especially after Raphael Pirker had the courage to do it first. I observe a strict safety protocol regardless of whether or not any money changes hands. If only the FAA could give us something to work with instead of crushing an entire industry through lethargy and myopic thinking. If they sent me a cease and desist letter, it would be trophy for a battle that needed to be fought!

I respect SteveMann's insight into the FAA having likely dealt with them a lot more than I have. If I was a professional pilot, I would likely have to toe the line on this matter.

I have done a few pretty cool projects. filming drag racing for a reality show, I just provided video for a local hockey team to use in their player intro, but one of the most fun was shooting a music video on a lake for a local band. They are still trying to record the song I used in the video by Luke Bryan so they can put it to my video. I am sure it will have to be edited some more, but here is a rough draft posted in dailymotion because Youtube blocked the song on mobile devices.
http://dai.ly/x24tz1k

I've had several people ask me to fly over their hunting camps. Payment is free hunting privileges, so I think that's a win, win for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic