How old is your aircraft?

P2V 26 months old. Might need a new flight controller since the IMU won't stay calibrated. I already bought it - $30.

P3A....couple of years old.

P4, 18 months and now over 7,000,000 feet and it still runs like new (so far), I have only changed the props and installed new style prop mounts (P4P type) at 7M feet as preventive maintenance.

P4, 18 months and now over 7,000,000 feet and it still runs like new (so far), I have only changed the props and installed new style prop mounts (P4P type) at 7M feet as preventive maintenance.

Did you oil the motors?

7,000,000'! In Canada?? Blimey, I thought you couldn't even start a drone there anymore, let alone fly them!!

Reactions: BillyN
Did you oil the motors?
No oil and they are running like new (so far). This bird has been running very well with only one small crack on the lower left side of the battery compartment, after the third time gluing with locktite it is holding for something like 3M feet now. If you have to oil a motor bearing because it is starting to whine you are only postponing the failiure, these bearings are lubricated and sealed and if whining starts it means lubrication breakdown and in time it will (may) fail. If the seals are loose the oil may enter and give enough lubrication short term, if you have to do this you have to keep it up because if oil can make it in it will also make it out.
7,000,000'! In Canada?? Blimey, I thought you couldn't even start a drone there anymore, let alone fly them!!
I keep on the up and up and were I live up north there are many many many places you can fly all be your lonesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: sajindra
P3A and P3 4K 18 months no problems :)

p3a... in fine condition after a year of ownership, no crashes etc. But then again, has only been used in a few dedicated flights. I am about to change that this year and have more air time with it (unless I get hooked to...).

P3P is 27 months old. Just flew last week. I did learn it will not activate the camera if your iPad had no space left. Deleted pics back all that time and it continues to work fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT