How often do you replace your TX AA batteries?

AndysAdventures said:
Am I the only one who charges the TX batteries before every outing?
No. There are two of us.

I replace the batteries about once a month. That's after about 10 or 12 flights. I'm sure that's much more often than necessary. But, it's a routine that's easy to remember and I reuse the batteries in other devices. I think having the batteries run out in a small flashlight or a TV remote is less of a concern than not having good batteries in the controller when I am flying or want to fly.

-- Roger

JWarren said:
Anyone know what the warning is exactly? Red flashing light?

Red flashing light and piercing repeating tone that gets your attention. :D

I flew through all 9 batteries once using the same AA's the entire time. (about an hr and a half total flight time?). Then wanted to tweak my gimbal and to do that of course the TX has to be turned on to test pitch. Figured I had the TX solid on about another 45-50 minutes. That's a little over 2 hrs with the TX on and actively doing something before the ear piercing siren comes on from the TX. Tgere's no mistaking that sound either.

BTW, I really don't care if I waste batteries in the TX. My thought is I'd rather lose a couple bucks in still decent batteries than several hundreds of dollars if my TX battery go down when the Phantom in way far away. I replace my battery in the TX every single session unless I run a flight session of one or two batteries. I also take out the batteries at the end of each flying session as a reminder to start with fresh batteries every time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik