how often do you fly?

Reaction score
how often do you take your p3 out?

only for special occasions with a filming goal in mind?

only when you travel to special locations?

everyday around the neighborhood?

At least every other day. Never in the 'hood, only in open parks and countryside. Sometimes the edges of town, but never residential.

Nearly every weekend. Three batteries per day.

:harry

I hardly ever film. I've taken a few stills. But my main goal is to learn to fly very well first. In process.

snerd,
Ah, you should take the odd vid, for posterity, and to see how your style and grace aloft have progressed over time.
I love my bird, and wish I could fly her everyday. But depending on weather and such. I flew until the rain came. And had momentarily lost her, in the clouds, but if was easy to bring her back. Safe and sound.
If it's nice out, so will we...

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Reactions: snerd
I try to fly when I can, but its hard with leaving for work before sunrise and arriving home after sunset. I usually fly on both days on the weekend, first thing in the morning and try to record the sun rising.
I always record while flying and keep all the footage. Hard drives aren't expensive anyway.

Reactions: RiZe-TommyGun
I'm still pretty much a beginner so most days I will fly and do some filming tests in a local park - same as Snerd, never residential

Weekends for now...

I usually manage to get out once during the week and once on the weekend. It's too bloody hot to spend much time outdoors right now. I'll do a little filming if I see something worth it, otherwise I just practice different flying techniques to get more comfortable with it. I fly in our neighborhood but stay in open greenspaces and haven't gotten any ugly looks yet.

how often do you take your p3 out?

only for special occasions with a filming goal in mind?

only when you travel to special locations?

everyday around the neighborhood?

24 365 days :cool:

It's just not worth it for me to fly everyday in the same location. There's always a risk of a crash or a flyaway (no matter how small that risk is) and I'd rather it happen while trying to capture some epic footage on vacation than at the local park. Maybe if I stopped reading all these threads about crashes and flyaways, I'd gained more confidence in the bird.

It's just not worth it for me to fly everyday in the same location. There's always a risk of a crash or a flyaway (no matter how small that risk is) and I'd rather it happen while trying to capture some epic footage on vacation than at the local park. Maybe if I stopped reading all these threads about crashes and flyaways, I'd gained more confidence in the bird.
Don't be paranoid bro :)

Everyday at first, now I'm a year into my phantom fc40 and I just go out once a week or so. And also I am always upgrading or modifying something and go out for a test flight after to see the difference I have made. When upgrading, I could fly every other day. Then I get bored until I upgrade something else and the process starts all over again. That is my favorite thing about this hobby, upgrades and tinkering to improve distance, stability, video quality, osd, better cams, lighter weight, bigger battery....the list goes on

Few days a week at least. I fly for fun out in the desert and for work just about any where I deem safe but I do real estate so typically residential.

I am very lucky, for my job I travel all over the UK and my P3a is always in the boot of the car so if conditions are good and I pass something that catches my eye then I will have a quick flight.
Also a great way to chill out!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl