how often are drones shot at / shot down?

People are simply afraid of things they don't understand. Then they lash out like frightened animals. By people, I mean idiots.
Strongly agree
Few years back there was a TV add showing drones for sale,,their wording in the add was "" see what your neighbours are up to ""I sure that fired up a few here who still dont understand drones, I had visits from some and the police but luckily I've always had my flights synced to back up my story ,
This add on TV was a PARALLEL IMPORTS ADD, il have search and see if I find it but add like this started the hate for drones here in NZ,,,,,says 10 but I think it should read 10000,,there was more than 10 in my street that dislike drones.........aaarrggg a drone,,,they spying,,,cant say here what I think of that
Screenshot_20210517-115502_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210517-120211_Google.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ribjig,
Have to agree with Adam- talking to people when you can is the best practice. For development and real estate missions, I make myself really conspicuous. I don't have any advertisements on my truck yet, but I have my business name on a brightly colored shirt and usually have some tough khaki Carharts, trying to look professional. If working a construction site, I have on a helmet. I always try to answer questions when I can, or tell the curious onlooker that my V.O. or I will answer questions as soon as we get safely on the ground. ( often, the curious onlooker is another pilot or hobbyist who is wondering how I received authorization to fly in restricted airspace ).
I can't say what happens when hobbyists fly their drones well beyond VLOS, but breaking the rules often has adverse effects. If I can't see my drone because its 2,000M away from me, onlookers cannot see its pilot. Take what you read in some search engine results and give it only the regard it deserves. I would be curious to know how many times a day LAANC permissions are sought, in addition to the blanket and limited COA's granted through the FAA. If anyone knows those stats, please post, but would hazard a conservative guess that lawful flights number near 500/day in USA. Drone flights aren't out of the ordinary anymore., The more commonplace they become, the less mysterious each flight is to everyone.
Hey folks, I usually read your posts every week. Wish I could get on here more often. I don't get to post often, but I read questions and answers as often as I can. Some of you folks answer questions everyday for people, and for that, my thanks. You help more people than just those you see on the left side of your monitor.

Bernie C.

In the UK, where not everybody has a gun, never as far as I've heard. It is also illegal to shoot one down.

Yeh some of those clips related to "Google search " deserve to be shot down,someone spy on me I bring it down with something too but I'm not a female and ugly to look at so I'm safe lol..
This question almost same as asking is my drone going to crash,,multiple speculation of answers..sounds like you need a new area to fly if that paranoid about it,,
If it deserves it or not, it’s still a felony to shoot down a drone!

From a commercial real estate job this Wednesday. After the first rock, turned on video, after the second person picked up rocks, came back, landed and called the broker...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

According to one member of our village, all drone fliers are perverts!! I was flying in a filled, about 300-400 yards from any houses when this guy came storming along the path ranting about perverts etc. He said he heard the drone so it must have been over his house. He was going to call the police, which I invited him to do being a registered, legal flier. Haven't heard anything since???

Lol I still get a weird look wearing my drone pilot t shirt,,,my general consensus tells me many got no hobbies and nothing better to do
I like @RocketBrew post,,reminds me when fishing,someone throw rock at me from behind,,when I woke up I chased him and give him good hiding on this lady's front lawn,,she call the cops but I never got in trouble,,,just thought I share that

Reactions: MTO
From a commercial real estate job this Wednesday. After the first rock, turned on video, after the second person picked up rocks, came back, landed and called the broker...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That’s crazy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31