How much intestinal fortitude do you have with waypoints?

Thank you. I left the gimbal pitch under my control. You can see where I adjusted it during the flight. The camera was set to 2.7K and auto exposure.

Below is the flight program for the Halloween flight.
I normally set POIs to control the pitch but was wondering how did you do it automatically without assigning any POIs :)

Autoexposure might work at such low speeds and uniform ambient light.

I wish litchi had forums set up on their website so that we didnt have to clutter up phantompilots with Litchi questions.

Anyways I just started Litchi last week and love it but haven't gotten bold yet. My questions are if I plot a 30 minute course and it goes into low battery warning will it just continue the course? If it goes into critical battery warning then does it autoland? I always do my waypoint flights in the beginning on a full battery and then free fly it at the end until the low battery warning to specifically avoid this potential issue. But I would hate to plot out a long flight out of sight and the winds pickup and then use more power than necessary and get into low battery zone while it is out of sight?

Also if the app crashes does it continue with the mission? If so how does it do that? Does Litchi physically load data onto the phantom, because if it merely transmits data and coordinates then it crashes, the phantom is no longer receiving a signal about where to go. am i correct?

It uploads your entire flight plan to the bird itself. That's what allows you to fly missions beyond the range of your remote. If the app were to crash, the bird would carry on it's mission completely unaffected.

I read a lot about Litchi on here. Most rave about it. I have AutoPilot which I think is very good. Particularly the waypoints feature. Does anyone have experience with both to give me reason to try Litchi?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I wish litchi had forums set up on their website so that we didnt have to clutter up phantompilots with Litchi questions.

Anyways I just started Litchi last week and love it but haven't gotten bold yet. My questions are if I plot a 30 minute course and it goes into low battery warning will it just continue the course? If it goes into critical battery warning then does it autoland? I always do my waypoint flights in the beginning on a full battery and then free fly it at the end until the low battery warning to specifically avoid this potential issue. But I would hate to plot out a long flight out of sight and the winds pickup and then use more power than necessary and get into low battery zone while it is out of sight?
I'm not sure how to answer your questions, but Litchi does have a forum on Google Groups. It is monitored by a VR Tech who always provides answers and insight to our questions.
Look here: Google Groups

Not sure why would you plot a 30 minute course when the P3 averages around 17 minutes of flight time? But, I limit my missions to 12 minutes, even that is above my comfort zone.

It uploads your entire flight plan to the bird itself. That's what allows you to fly missions beyond the range of your remote. If the app were to crash, the bird would carry on it's mission completely unaffected.

The entire mission is uploaded from the app to the P3 before you start it.
You can send the P3 on the mission, exit the app and the P3 will continue to execute the mission.

Once the mission program is loaded and the craft is sent on its way, you can turn every thing off and the P3 will execute the mission without prejudice.
If a last WP action is not programmed, the P3 will hover there until the battery gets low enough to trigger an RTH.
If you're foolish enough to program a final WP that is far from your Home Point, then whoa be it to you.

Reactions: Peio64270
Not sure why would you plot a 30 minute course when the P3 averages around 17 minutes of flight time? But, I limit my missions to 12 minutes, even that is above my comfort zone.
I was just saying that as an extreme example to highlight my point, I wouldnt actually plan a 30 minute mission

Reactions: AL T
Could u take control/cancel mission at any time and fly back if needed ?

Yes. Select P mode and take control.
Ok thanks..I'll try to keep the questions to a minimum haha. I just bought the app. I will do a ton more reading /research before I even try it. I just wanted to see the parameters inside the app. Looks and sounds very exciting . I should be sleeping but this forum is too addicting

There is also a Litch Facebook page which gives answers to users usually within 1-2 days. Google groups page was already mentioned. But I always search phantompilots forums first!

AFAIK: If the battery runs out, Litchi honors the settings set in the DJI GO app. In the unlikely scenario when GPS data is insufficient the AC hovers until it gets enough GPS, or lands if the battery runs out. If there is RC contact, the user can regain control by switching to P-mode.

I always fly Litchi missions with my left index finger on the flight mode switch ready to go to P-mode to cancel the mission. Left thumb on the left stick ready to throttle up if there are unexpected high obstacles. The right thumb on the right stick ready to move horizontally.

Reactions: meissner58
Ok so I've bought the app, it is on my tablet (Samsung Tab A) which i use to fly my drone with. Is it possible to download the app onto my Laptop to do the proper way-point setups(more convenient) and then load it onto the tablet to fly them? Thanks for all the information regarding this app!!!

I bought Litchi for two reasons; The ability to pre-programme missions and the POI capability.

Both work fantastically well. I'm working on two projects currently; mapping the route of a canal (30 odd miles) from Lough Neagh to Carlingford Lough; and a study of a big oak tree that I'm orbiting every two weeks and stitching together to make a video clip of the changing of the four seasons.

Both are a doddle using Litch, but for ordinary flying I still prefer the Go app. On Saturday, I set the phantom off on a Litchi mission, furthest point was 2.5km away, go a quick rotate around, then curve smoothly back in to pick up the entry point of the canal. So off it goes, and gets out to the extreme point, does the wee circle and heads back. Great stuff, but then I got the warning 'SD card full, recording stopped'. Schoolboy error! Forgot to format the card before taking off. So I had to RTH and redo the mission. But it worked perfectly.

On one other section, I lost signal for about a minute as it went out of range / behind trees, but it just flew right back as programmed. No problem, but you do have to learn to trust the technology.

Litchi Hub and the associated mobile app is great but you need to be very careful with it.

Personal experience - I added a waypoint and it affected the altitude of another waypoint prior to the one I created. Since I didn't recognize the change I went out to the field and sent the drone on the mission that I believed was perfect and instead it flew into the side of a mountain. I had to climb 1000ft to reclaim the copter.

That is my worst experience.. The other 100 times I have planned a mission and uploaded to my device the Phantom 3 has come back without issue.

With Litchi always quadruple check your Altitudes, and Time and you should be fine.

Ok thanks..I'll try to keep the questions to a minimum haha. I just bought the app. I will do a ton more reading /research before I even try it. I just wanted to see the parameters inside the app. Looks and sounds very exciting . I should be sleeping but this forum is too addicting
This is a good reference

Attachments

• Litchi P3 1_10_16.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 195
I read a lot about Litchi on here. Most rave about it. I have AutoPilot which I think is very good. Particularly the waypoints feature. Does anyone have experience with both to give me reason to try Litchi?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm also an AutoPilot user - and there is much to rave about as far as Autopilot is concerned. Litchi's biggest problem - as far as iOS is concerned is that there was a feature discrepancy between Android and iOS. Some of Litchi's coolest features were Android-only. But with each release, Litchi is closing the gap.

I haven't bought and installed Litchi yet - but I'm definitely going to. I don't think you need someone with actual experience using both to answer your question - simply reading the feature list exposes a number of Litchi capabilities that Autopilot does not have. What's less obvious - is the opposite. AutoPilot has a number of capabilities that Litchi doesn't have.

Any iOS user that doesn't own both Litchi and AutoPilot is missing out on something - and don't forget you're not just purchasing today's capabilities. Both apps are still under development and new features/capabilities are being added rapidly. The best endorsements for both Litchi and Autopilot are the satisfaction of their users.

There is also a fair assortment of other 3rd party software available. I'm playing with something called Pix4dCapture right now that sends your phantom out to collect the pics require to generate a 3D object model of areas large and small.

To the OP: I emailed Litchi and asked for a "code" to get a 30-day trial. They replied that such a thing doesn't exist and encouraged me to just buy it - try it for a couple weeks and then return it via Apple/iTunes if I wasn't completely satisfied.

So - go for it! I'm sure you won't be disappointed! And if you are - return it!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik