How much experience do I need to switch from Phantom Mode?

Re: How much experience do I need to switch from Phantom Mod

You two need to stop the man hugging. It's creepy. Besides N017RW was wrong when he said >6. It's >=6. JUST KIDDING about the man hugging part.

BlackTracer said:
You two need to stop the man hugging. It's creepy. Besides N017RW was wrong when he said >6. It's >=6. JUST KIDDING about the man hugging part.

You're right.

But it wasn't worth worrying about editing after it was quoted.

Besides, it wasn't really germane to the question.

N017RW said:
BlackTracer said:

You're right.

But it wasn't worth worrying about editing after it was quoted.

Besides, it wasn't really germane to the question.

I was just teasing. It's so hard to inject humor and sarcasm into a post without using the emoticons which I hate.

Monte55 said:
Well, thank you. There are so many times I would like to respond to a post but If I am not sure, I will stay silent. Bad information is worse than no information.
Great! I wish more people abided by this!

I made the switch to Naza-M yesterday but flew mostly in GPS mode. Today I'm going to try Failsafe and Home Lock. Makes me nervous but I've heard some say they do it all the time.

I agree, I see no reason to go back to Phantom mode!

edonovanl said:
I made the switch to Naza-M yesterday but flew mostly in GPS mode. Today I'm going to try Failsafe and Home Lock. Makes me nervous but I've heard some say they do it all the time.

I agree, I see no reason to go back to Phantom mode!
If you want to be sure home lock is working properly. ...don't just fly out straight ahead and select hl and pull back on right stick. Sure it will come back. Not necessarily to home though. It may just be flying backwards. When you take off fly off at an angle...maybe 45 degrees. If you got a cl and hl fix before take off. ...in course lock, it will come straight back but not to you. Home lock will bring it back at an angle to you at takeoff point. When its coming back at an angle in hl, at about 30 feet away, it will switch to cl and head straight back. Cool features.

I guess I should add this. The direction the quad is facing while on ground getting cl and hl is important. It really makes no difference for hl but it does for cl. If you aim the quad the direction you will be facing when flying...it will act as you would expect. Let's say you were facing north but you had the quad facing west upon startup. Homelock works as expected but as it is coming back on home lock and it hits the 10 meter area and goes into course lock, it will change direction and fly east which can really be confusing. Always be aware of the startup direction.

I've been playing around on a simulator and have gotten very good at it. i'm assuming that this is like naza-m, right? i have a pv2+ but have not flown it yet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic