How many times did you crash in your first 10 hours of flight?

Do not rely on flying with your FPV screen ..ESPECIALLY if you are inexperienced. I have 4 flights on my P3 (but I have hundreds of flights with RC airplanes) I retain my old habit of eyes on the aircraft and general orientation. I suppose I will use the screen more in the future though.

Do not rely on flying with your FPV screen ..ESPECIALLY if you are inexperienced. I have 4 flights on my P3 (but I have hundreds of flights with RC airplanes) I retain my old habit of eyes on the aircraft and general orientation. I suppose I will use the screen more in the future though.
When you get used to using the screen, the only :) time you will look up is when your are landing or taking off.

When you get used to using the screen, the only :) time you will look up is when your are landing or taking off.

Or when you hit a tree.

Reactions: bobmyers
These things, while not technically toys, are NOT the types of drones you imagine military pilots flying perfectly from great distances. These are model aircraft that need plenty of human eyes

These things, while not technically toys, are NOT the types of drones you imagine military pilots flying perfectly from great distances. These are model aircraft that need plenty of human eyes
but unfortunately, you are going to have a hard time convincing some of the folks here of that-- especially those who like to push the envelope on distance.

Fellows I don't want to sound like a wet blanket or a know it all but acknowledge the features and limitations of these little craft. I only urge good sense and caution.

Ok I am new to drone, but crashed 3 times in my first 5 hours of flight: all human errors, crashed on tree. So far only damaged props and gimbal plate.

I am planning on taking some flying lessons online, and practice on a cheap drone. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Newbie I am, my Phantom 3 pro just took a dive into a lake, but I ordered another one, but sad anyway. I crashed it into a wall. 1 motor was very hot. After cooling it off, it ran, so I tried it, up to 380 ft., then it crashed. I know it was operator error, and will try my best to accommodate my new 1 with the proper respect and fly it right!. Still sad, to see it fall from over 300 ft. into a lake:(

Ok I am new to drone, but crashed 3 times in my first 5 hours of flight: all human errors, crashed on tree. So far only damaged props and gimbal plate.

I am planning on taking some flying lessons online, and practice on a cheap drone. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Fellows I don't want to sound like a wet blanket or a know it all but acknowledge the features and limitations of these little craft. I only urge good sense and caution.
That is great advice, but there are many here who will ignore that -- unfortunately.:):)

To say there should be no crashes is like saying there should be no crashes of commercial aircraft. They have hundreds and sometimes thousands of hours of training and flight time before being allowed to fly us around and yet crashes still happen. There are a multitude of factors beyond the Pilot's control which can cause a crash, and this technology is in its infancy.
Take cars and commercial aircraft which have over one hundred years of technological advancements built into them and yet there are crashes each and every day that were 100% beyond the pilot or driver's control. When you have a catastrofic failure, you are often merely a spectator from that point on, and with this young technology The catastrofic failure failures happen more often than we like. Then there are the acts of god such as microbursts, lightning, bird strikes etc.
Sometimes as they say Sh** happens.

To say there should be no crashes is like saying there should be no crashes of commercial aircraft. They have hundreds and sometimes thousands of hours of training and flight time before being allowed to fly us around and yet crashes still happen. There are a multitude of factors beyond the Pilot's control which can cause a crash, and this technology is in its infancy.
Take cars and commercial aircraft which have over one hundred years of technological advancements built into them and yet there are crashes each and every day that were 100% beyond the pilot or driver's control. When you have a catastrofic failure, you are often merely a spectator from that point on, and with this young technology The catastrofic failure failures happen more often than we like. Then there are the acts of god such as microbursts, lightning, bird strikes etc.
Sometimes as they say Sh** happens.

just for fun this post was a couple years old....

just for fun this post was a couple years old....
Ha... I didn't notice that. I just saw it listed under this week's most popular topics sent to me by PhantomPilots.Com, so someone must be reading it, or maybe there is something wrong with the selection process for the most popular topics.

Reactions: kirk2579
With my P3S - I've had one major crash - because my Atti was turned on and I didn't know what that was or meant. (I do now!) I've also got prop guards (highly recommend) and since then - no issues. :)

I have owned a Blade 350QX3 for over 2 years. The only time it crashed is when it collided with an object. That was on a RTH and it clipped the fence on the way down. No damage. I still fly it and on the original props. Hundreds of flights with it.

Just bought the P3S & I'm expecting much the same.

The only time it should have a problem is the occasional tip over on landing unless you fly around backyards and areas with trees, building, objects etc.

3 all minor incursions, 2 with small shrubs no damage, one on landing scuffed lightly one arm, prop guards on their way to cover it up ;) all pilot error tho

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks!

Try using the simulator that is on the app it helped me learn the stick inputs

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl