How many happy safe flights verses fly away crashes and bad flights

Reaction score
After reading the many bad ending story's im wondering how many have had great flights verses the bad ones.

Keep in mind that most people don't take the time to go online to talk about how GREAT their thing-a-dooger is and come online to seek solutions to problems and get help from mistakes. So going by that you see that the forum is heavily one-sided in that meaning.

Some of us have hundreds (and more) flights with no crashes or bad experiences while others aren't so lucky.

Reactions: kennedye
I've had my bird since august, and have flown it about 75 times i would say........only had 2 close calls, and both were my fault.......first day i had the drone, i clipped at tree branch that sent her tumbling, luckily she fell back into a hover and i was able to bring her home safe.....second time i was flying over water and wanted to fly backwards to capture the shoreline, and instead of pulling down on the right stick, i pulled down on the left stick, and almost put her down into the lake! so 2 incidents (both my fault) out of 75 flights, i'd say thats a pretty good statistic towards how great these birds fly.

I would say 95% + in the good and only a small handful of OH S%$# flights. I have only had 2 flyaways (On non-DJI craft) and one was a defect on my ESC and the other was weak double sided tape that was holding the FC in place came loose causing the craft to bank uncontrollably but I managed to ditch it in some tall weeds without any damage.

I had a close call with my Phantom 3A on my second flight. I did not check the home point that was recorded and when testing RTH I almost landed on a tree. I have been running Litchi which seems to record the home point much better than the Go app.

No bad flights to write home to mother about except three damaging crashes, all my fault, in the first week of owning a P2V, but no bad flights whatsoever in the next 2 and 1/2 years, and none at all flying a P3P for nearly a year.

I've had 289 flights on my P4 since June totaling 210 miles with one serious user error resulting in DJI care having to repair

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Falcon900
ce17fb4d2a7e2de8d612965007bbfe35.jpg

More then 50 safe flight(some in litchi)
1 crash where it was not OP nor Drone fault. My dog bit the drone out of the air while landing and slamming it in to the ground. I had to change the props and landing gear(damaged due to dog teeth)

Phantom 4 and new to drones.

Reactions: Falcon900
I crashed my phantom 3 pro maybe 3 times, the first 2 were my mistakes because of pre programming the litchi waypoints wrong, not counting for elevation for my first crash, and putting a negative elevation for my second crash by accident. The last and final crash, I was flying it into too strong of a wind and flipped it upside when making a quick turn. That is now sold for parts only! I now have a phantom 4 and definitely learned from my stupid mistakes!

Just over 100 flights and 100km with no crashes.
Speaking about how many people are happy, and how many upset...
A poll is running on a Drone FB group about the P4, P4A and P4P firmware upgrades since there are so many complaints. It seems so far, from about 50 responses, about 80% went fine, and about 20% had problems. I suspect most problems were because the upgrades were done not following the specific instructions, which are a bit involved.

I've had 130 flights on a p2v+ and 40 on a p3a, all good/expected apart from one p2v+ flight that went crazy and I had to quickly switch to atti and get it back/land. It would have been lost if not within los

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31