How many flight hour make an experienced drone pilot?

Excellent point, fully agree, indeed its something I try do regularly - ie do one battery flight at least in ATTI mode (I have a number of batteries). I particularly try to ATTI mode "circuits & bumps" when there is a slight to medium breeze - it's not easy & constantly changing (due to wind direction & speed). It would be good for the app to say count hours flown in ATTI mode too [emoji6].

That would be a good idea to count atti hours simply because it is an incentive to best yourself each time you fly to increase the hours shown.

I've been flying R/C drones, helicopters, planes for nearly 30 years now and have probably got some 3000 hours under my belt (maybe more but that's based on an average of approx 2 hours a week flying) - Experienced? Yes, Qualified? Yes Expert? No! :)

I just hope I can experience new things every time I take my bird out for a spin, try not to forget how stupid I was in the close calls and not do that again and smile at the nice things I was able to see from a vantage point that few can experience. So after many hours it's still not enough, I need my fix of experience as often as I can.

4.5 months later, still at it! :cool:
IMG_6685.jpg

“A good pilot is always learning.” Currently, I have 1,120 flight miles, 78 hours, 564 flights, and 0 crashes on my Mini 2, and yet I still am always learning.

“A good pilot is always learning.” Currently, I have 1,120 flight miles, 78 hours, 564 flights, and 0 crashes on my Mini 2, and yet I still am always learning.
This is only from GO 4. Fly records are separate.
5E203E79-00B1-46F2-A489-9511E46F1B40.jpeg

Additional DJI Fly records:
3A767ADA-B8A0-4416-ADC5-3E560CD2CE88.jpeg

Last edited:
cruising around with a Phantom or Mavic 100m up taking a few photos and videos here and there, does not take much skill. After some flights you're good enough and it's mostly about fine tuning your skills. More camera experience and how to plan your shots to make them look good, and a better environment awareness like wind direction. tellculvers com survey taco bell breakfast hours

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94