How many amps/current are needed to power the sunhans 2w and 4w boosters?

Reaction score
I have a few 4s lipos that I plan on using that are 25amps each so I know this will be fine but I also have a crapton of 8xAA=12v boxes that I was thinking of using if I don't have a lipo charger avail.

I'm talking about the 12v Amplifiers not the 5v - do you think 8xAA (1.5x8=12v) battery boxes can handle the current ?

I think these boosters pull what ? 1 maybe 2 amps to run ?

4w at 12 volt is 1/3A with a well designed linear amplifier exceeding 70% efficiency your less than 1/2A draw. Fire one up and measure it.

Of course I have every gadget and toy in the world but no amp-meter

So do you think AA 1.5v batteries can handle 300-600ma?

Don't know. How much does a torch bulb draw?

That I do not know but after some googling it seems they can handle 1.5amps but for a very short time - I'll hook up a digital volt meter on the wire before it hits the amp to see how fast the voltage drops

If you have a volt meter and a known low value resister of sufficient power dissipation you could wire it in series with the amp and determine current from the voltage measured across it. Current flow in a series circuit is constant.

Just make sure it is transfering data or u will only get standby amps not total amp draw. I have 2 3watt ones i use on my p3p and i use a 1300mah battery for both. I can use 12 hours between charges.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31