How long is it going to last?

Reaction score
My new P4 is a month old I have logged 50 flights 11houres 340km already. I use it daily for cattle survalence work and now have found stress cracks on the one arm. I'm just wondering how long it will last if I average 10 hours per month.

My new P4 is a month old I have logged 50 flights 11houres 340km already. I use it daily for cattle survalence work and now have found stress cracks on the one arm. I'm just wondering how long it will last if I average 10 hours per month.
Difficult to say as I don't know how aggressively you fly, the extent of the cracks already and exactly where they are.

But my advice would be the same anyway - get it re-shelled under DJI warranty.

I wouldn't mess around trying to repair it yourself as that would invalidate the warranty.

The other option is to buy a new shell and do it yourself. But why should you? It's still warrantied, assuming you haven't had any serious crashes to date.

Last edited:
This cracks seems to be, at least in most cases, pretty shallow and probably just aesthetic cracks.. maybe on the coat only?

I don't fly aggressively at all as it's only survalence work. Im wondering how long motors and other parts will last seen as I'm logging so many hours.
20170805_171550-480x853.jpg

The whole lower arm is cracked through. I put that as much more than esthetic. That would put much more load on the upper and it will crack as a result. Get it done soon.

Packed up and going back tomorrow. Having bad luck as I have it only a month and it was already a replacement of my first one that went back in the first week due to a sensor error.

How are you storing it? That's pretty bad for normal wear and tear

How are you storing it? That's pretty bad for normal wear and tear
I fly every day so it just stands on its landing gear waiting for tomorrow . I pick it up walk outside and put it down take off fly pretty much straight and level at 3/4 throttle around the velds . hover above cattle fly back and hand catch it. I fly r/c planes and helis for fun so the drone to me is a tool not a toy i fly real smooth

I don't fly aggressively at all as it's only survalence work. Im wondering how long motors and other parts will last seen as I'm logging so many hours.
Wondering how do think these cracks are being created?
What are you landing on?
Do you use Return to Home and auto landing?
Do you hand catch the air craft?

Reactions: Bakersfield Quad
Wondering how do think these cracks are being created?
What are you landing on?
Do you use Return to Home and auto landing?
Do you hand catch the air craft?
I am trying to collect that kind of info too.

I am trying to collect that kind of info too.
Mayby caused by motors spinning opisite direction to each other ,almost like torque twisting,creating flaws in cheap plastic,excuse spelling,me p3s good p4 good p34k cracked to point of not safe to fly

Depends how you fly and what you hit and some just crack. I have 1600+ km on my P4 and only one small crack on the lower left side of the battery compartment, glued it 3 times and now it holds.

I've flown 87 km, had it since launch last December. 51 flights. 9 hours of flight time. I fly smooth in P-mode 95% of the time but occasionally I go a little mad for a few minutes. Top speed recorded in Go App 80 km/h. Have flown it in -20 C.

I always handcatch it from behind holding the landing leg as close to the body as I can and throttle down until shut down.

It is stored and carried in a Lowepro Droneguard AW 430 backpack.

Not a single crack anywhere.

If anyone wanted info.

Just wondering... Would one of those sticker wraps do any good to prevent these fracture?

Over 200 hours on my p4p. Not a single stress crack. No crashes. Always hand caught.

Also have over 250 hours on a p3p with only 1 minor small stress crack. This one has crashed one time from about 4 feet off the ground onto grass.

"Surveillance"

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj