How long flight plans with Litchi and P3A do you plan?

Reaction score
In theory you can fly for 23 minutes and that equals to 16 km. OFC I would never plan for 16 km as you will expect wind and other issues. Is it safe to plan for 10 km? In 54 kmh or does it use a lot more power pr km in that speed? How long trip would you plan to do, still beeing safe to have enough battery capacity to return safely home? I have never sent it on a Litchi trip before.

Yes you may be able to get 23mins of flight time in perfect conditions but you need to factor in weather mainly wind. You may have crossed your return limit without even knowing it if the wind changes direction or increases after starting the mission.

I m a safe flyer and I don't exceed 14-15 minutes in any case with full charge start.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: deuzx and NRJ
Don't get oven enthusiastic with your first litchi mission. Initially I would not set any waypoint outside LOS, preferably have all within a radius you can comfortably fly back to your home point from manually. Get to fully appreciate the performance of your AC and individual batteries. You will learn about maximum safe ranges and speeds (having regard to varying wind conditions) through experience.

Reactions: deuzx
In theory you can fly for 23 minutes and that equals to 16 km. OFC I would never plan for 16 km as you will expect wind and other issues. Is it safe to plan for 10 km? In 54 kmh or does it use a lot more power pr km in that speed? How long trip would you plan to do, still beeing safe to have enough battery capacity to return safely home? I have never sent it on a Litchi trip before.
Also loss of signal from controller. If you loss signal for more that ( I'm guessing) 15 minutes, Auto built in to the Phantom it kicks out of the mission and into RTH. I was thinking it was a limitation in Litchi but it's in the Drone.

Also loss of signal from controller. If you loss signal for more that ( I'm guessing) 15 minutes, Auto built in to the Phantom it kicks out of the mission and into RTH. I was thinking it was a limitation in Litchi but it's in the Drone.

I can not speak from experience as my missions have all been within RC signal but from what I have read using Litchi the AC will continue it's mission even when RC signal is lost. It will attempt RTH when low battery kicks in.

I can not speak from experience as my missions have all been within RC signal but from what I have read using Litchi the AC will continue it's mission even when RC signal is lost. It will attempt RTH when low battery kicks in.
I can speak from experience. I've walked a few miles to go get it. It will do as you say you to a time limit of disconnect then it over hires the mission. My always happen around the 17 minute mark.

Reactions: RC Madman
I can speak from experience. I've walked a few miles to go get it. It will do as you say you to a time limit of disconnect then it over hires the mission. My always happen around the 17 minute mark.
You loose RC signal within 2mins of starting the missions? You need some antennas! :)

Thanks for feedback all of you. I have tested first (VLOS) and fully radio (contact) controlled Litchi mission. Tried several times to revert to A and P mode, just having confirmed that the drone stopped mission and hold position. Then I excecuted a mission at 1 km total distance without problems. Now in wintertime (temp 0 degrees) I see the battery drains faster than in normal condition. Better safe than sorry, so 10 mins flights should be within safety margins in normal weather conditions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic