How Far do you go?

Reaction score
How far do you have to travel to SAFELY fly your phantom?
i use to travel about a Mile and a Half to fly my Phantom.
sad to say our City fathers have ok a Life Flight to come into our City.
now this will put the flying site i used to fly at in the Dumper.
so now i travel about eight and a half miles to a R C club field and fly there.
pl;enty of open space there though.

Literally out my back door. 50 acres of free fly zone backing into 240,000 acres of national forests.

Reactions: Jbundy63
A lot of trees I just went 1800feet before low remote signal came on but a lot of trees around me

I fly off my back deck. Property behind my house is National Forest Service land and BLM as far as the eye can see. The Lake in my backyard does present some issues though. I live on Rainbow Avenue obviously.

20150811_192108.jpg

Literally out my back door. 50 acres of free fly zone backing into 240,000 acres of national forests.

Sweet. I have to drive to some parks and to the Hudson River. Month-long road trip through Big Sky country starts next week!!

Reactions: Jeff48920
Well I live in the middle of lovely hills and mountains so should be able to fly any time I want. When it isn't torrential rain or 60mph winds - and that is the summer! Only 10 flights so far with my Phantom. So far all have been in the middle of nowhere - fun but time for a change!
Today was my first flight in a built up area. I flew over docks - over an industrial estate - and over the beach before coming back. Oh and the sun was shining!!!
A great day.
I dont mind traveling anywhere with my phantom will do it more often

I do a little drunk flying down my street. Can't wait to have some time off to find a nice place to fly

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor