How Far Can You See Your Phantom in Daylight

A need, to be, they are extra duty, & built very solid.
If they are to be waterproof to depths of 100', an exterior must withstand plenty of pressure. "Sealed" the deal. I can use my Nikon D800 in the rain & most extreme Canadian conditions & I already feel quite similarly comfortable, using these in a rugged manner . They don't need to be coddled and babysat. Definately made with the oudoormen and timber-sports tough, & ladies alike. ;-)
When you feel the bulk in your palm, it reminds me of holding gold.
Yeah, that's well built, rock solid, very well packaged.
Measuring only 1 1/2"x1 1/2"x1 1/2". You ask, What's in there? ;-)

RedHotPoker

What's in there? A heavy battery and some small light electronics :).

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Lume Cubes also contain Tiny Vials of good luck potions too? Careful with contact!! ;-)
I feel mine has been changing already. ;-)

They are currently sharing in an awesome night photo contest.
Not sure if it includes pics taken with tiny LED strobe lights and or regular flashlights?? But you can certainly check it out, and see. Chuckles
lc-viewbug-contest-banner.jpg

www.chrisburkard.com
www.viewbug.com

RedHotPoker

Are you serious? Measuring 1 1/2 in. These are miniscule. ;-)
With all the built in abilities of these incredible lights, you will be out searching for a very long time, for something with even half their functionality. Not to mention extreme clean light brightness.
I've seen the Polor Pro lights, & in my opinion those are a joke and not even in the same league as Lume Cubes.
You want coloured orientation lights, then these are them. This month, they are releasing an aluminum cage that will magnetically hold various filters, gels, honeycomb and barn door. ;-)

Ok, Good luck looking for your best resolve!!
Please Find one with an easy to use free app too!? Ha

RedHotPoker
Will these work on my P3P with or without the plastic clip on leg extensions I have?

Sent from my LG-H810 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, I think so. The Lume Cube Brackets are mounted on the inside of the Phantom 3 and 4 legs. I would have to look at how your leg attachments are connected, to say for sure. I have a 3D printed gimbal gaurd mounted under my landing gear, and if doesn't get in the way of my cube brackets, or vice versa. Can you post a closeup view of one side or corner of your drone legs, to see where they sit?
I can tell Definately know, if once I see exactly where they're located.

RedHotPoker

Yes, I think so. The Lume Cube Brackets are mounted on the inside of the Phantom 3 and 4 legs. I would have to look at how your leg attachments are connected, to say for sure. I have a 3D printed gimbal gaurd mounted under my landing gear, and if doesn't get in the way of my cube brackets, or vice versa. Can you post a closeup view of one side or corner of your drone legs, to see where they sit?
I can tell Definately know, if once I see exactly where they're located.

RedHotPoker
1474034122110.jpg
1474034142655.jpg
1474034152956.jpg

I also have a trackimo but I don't think that will be in the way. Thanks!

From those pictures, I can say you will be fine. The Lume Cube brackets might ride a bit higher, but there will still be plenty of space between the extensions and the Lume Cubes.
Those legs look solid.

Hope you have plenty of flights with awesome photography,

RedHotPoker

How much is your drone and awesome video footage worth?
Why not increase the value of both? Chuckles
Even-If you remove their fantastic photographic abilities, and only consider the vastly increased/improved visibility factor, it's enough for many.
Like beacons blinking, when set on one of the three strobe modes, these things out shine pretty much anything else similar on the market.
Ad_water__300X250.jpg

RedHotPoker
How much do they weigh?

6-700 metres maybe, before I can no longer see it at all? In any event, I think you'd struggle to find it through binoculars after that...
If I follow it with my eyes or binoculars, I lose control of the camera aim. If I look at the tablet screen, at 600 yards, I've lost the visual contact. At that point, I fly by map and higher than anything around. I'm not afraid to hover and look around 360 degrees to make sure I'm higher than anything I could possibly sidle or back into. I'm betting the Phantom 5 will have 6 degrees of collision avoidance rather than the two in the Phantom 4.

To land on my outdoor picnic table in my backyard I have to back it into hovering over the table because the table is too close to the screen porch to approach the table frontwards.

From those pictures, I can say you will be fine. The Lume Cube brackets might ride a bit higher, but there will still be plenty of space between the extensions and the Lume Cubes.
Those legs look solid.

Hope you have plenty of flights with awesome photography,

RedHotPoker
Thanks, heading up Pacific Coast Highway 1 for a week. Doing nothing but camping out on various beaches along the way from Jalama Beach to Santa Monica. Not enough time to get the cubes so we'll have to fly with what I got will post pictures and video along the way. Looking forward to seeing some flying time with your cubes coming in for a landing if you're able to get it on video.

Oh, that sounds like a wonderful time. Too bad you couldn't drive down to San Diego, and buy them cubes right from the Lume Cube shop. ;-)

Well have fun, and a safe trip. Looking forward to sharing some awesome encounters...

RedHotPoker

How much do they weigh?
The cubes with brackets, weigh just a few grams over 4oz. each.
Not a problem at all for our drones to carry and complete a mission, or their current call of duty. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Yes, we all do. From a full flight battery with two Lume Cubes you can expect to lose approximately 3-4 minutes. So yeah, I am averaging 20 min. flights.

RedHotPoker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31