How do you land?

Line up the quad right over where you will place your hand. Then take right hand off of controls. Raise that hand to catch the landing gear while using the left to just bring the left stick down slowly.

Its rad!
Same here. Hand catch 95% of the time.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Line up the quad right over where you will place your hand. Then take right hand off of controls. Raise that hand to catch the landing gear while using the left to just bring the left stick down slowly.

Its rad!

+1

I have the bird a bit higher, reach up from underneath, and grab it at the battery. More stable (although hand is much closer to the props).

I catch nearly every time now...

The only time i land on the ground is the first time i flew it and when i wanna show my neighbour that it land by it self. Other time its always handcatch. Period

I am thinking %99 of the people who hand catch because they don't want to have a "tip over" shut the motors down by doing a CSC!!!.

Reactions: ullhan84
I am thinking %99 of the people who hand catch because they don't want to have a "tip over" shut the motors down by doing a CSC!!!.
I don't think they do CSC. Left stick down until motors stop.

I've done a lot of ground landings and have never tipped a bird, but I would say ~50% of my flights are hand catches due to the ground conditions.

I don't think they do CSC. Left stick down until motors stop.

^+1 with m0¿0 :) You never want to do a CSC to shut your motors off after a flight because it really can add to a tip over. Just hold the left stick down for 3 seconds and the motors shut down smooth.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik