How do you know what needs replacing after a crash

Reaction score
My phantom 4 lost power and crashed on of the arms and motor broke and landing gear is cracked any way else to know what might be broken?
8c571d21cd11546b4840215771598be7.jpg

OK, this is what I would do, other opinions are available and possibly equally valid.
1 A thorough visual examination, particularly the camera,gimbal, ribbon area.
2 See if the crash battery will take a charge without issues.
3 Fire up the Phantom and in particular look for video feed an gimbal response, look for any warnings, and obviously take props off.
4 Repeat 3 with known good battery if probs with 3.
5 Re shell. Personally I would have no problems with a reshell, but depends on your confidence/skill level.
6 Re boot and troubleshoot, probably at the earliest opportunity during the reshell, ie before complete assembly.
Sorry if this sounds a bit patronising, you may be well ahead of me.

Make sure your gimbal is in good condition as well as your compass that is situated in your landing gear

It all assumes of course that Flight Controller will accept powering up properly without any default errors due to that arm and motor damage.

My honest opinion is that because DJI integrate so much of the items on-board and we read so often of people who replace damaged parts - to then be asking what else as they still cannot get it to work ... I would bite the bullet and let DJI or a Drone Service do the work. That way its fixed fully ... warranty and so on. Not cheap - but what is today ?

I know people who have most likely ended up paying more through DIY than if they had sent to DJI.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl